Learnin new instrument..drums...

Sup guys!

After like 8 years of playing the goddamned guitar, I finally decided to try something new. I picked the drums..lol

Anyone wanna teach me the basics? I'm already takin lessons on it and stuff but the instructor only taught me that basic rythm thing.. rock3

Sup guys!

After like 8 years of playing the goddamned guitar, I finally decided to try something new. I picked the drums..lol

Anyone wanna teach me the basics? I'm already takin lessons on it and stuff but the instructor only taught me that basic rythm thing.. rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Matt_Barker enter stage right.

R.

hit stuff hard and loud, make sure theres some kind of pattern, and it should fit :P

works for me....really though, start with technique, you'll be able to get some crazy shit down with rolls and such. Also, don't stick with rock/metal, check out some jazz, blues, R&B (old R&B the good stuff), latin, everything it'll give you much more variety

hit stuff hard and loud, make sure theres some kind of pattern, and it should fit  :P

works for me....really though, start with technique, you'll be able to get some crazy shit down with rolls and such.  Also, don't stick with rock/metal, check out some jazz, blues, R&B (old R&B the good stuff), latin, everything it'll give you much more variety

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

reggae helps too..

when you make up a simple beat, u gotta work on the time.. spend ages using a metronome, playing to that beat.. timing is very important

hit stuff hard and loud, make sure theres some kind of pattern, and it should fit  :P

works for me....really though, start with technique, you'll be able to get some crazy shit down with rolls and such.  Also, don't stick with rock/metal, check out some jazz, blues, R&B (old R&B the good stuff), latin, everything it'll give you much more variety

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

reggae helps too..

when you make up a simple beat, u gotta work on the time.. spend ages using a metronome, playing to that beat.. timing is very important

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha I was actually gonna say that. As drums was my first instrument really (besides singing) I practiced just keeping a beat. it worked out really well...then just coordination. I started when I was 4 btw so I do have some experience. But yeah listen to matt_barker as he still plays :D

:krider: