NIN video - 'Only'

gunnai

What do you think of the new Nine Inch Nails vid for Only?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

some of you may have read my opinion already (if you are part of thegreatbelow)

here is my thought (copied and pasted here :P)

That song is one of my favourites from the album.. I don't know what it is but it stood out from from the rest during the first listening of the cd.

I am not sure what to say about the video. I think it may be to "artsy" (for lack of a better word) for the public. (but then again you get the feeling that none of the videos really are) One part I enjoyed is when his hand was against that device (forgetting that spikey things name)

I think a song that holds alot of passion like this one deserves a video with the same amount... but this video just doesn't deliver. I don't think it would make a first time listener of the song won over because the video draws emotion from the song making it rather just some person singing and not a person singing with passion (if that made sense)

This was totaly not what I pictured in my head as a video when I first heard the song....

I give this video a meh (I don't love and I don't fully hate it)

(it may eventually grow on me)

The Pin Machine thing was quite cool, but it wore thin past the halfway stage. I think the song is good, quite catchy, but I find it really annoying that Reznor wears his heart on his sleave at the age of 40. Especially when he actually seems quite happy with his life right now. He sounds like an introverted 14 year old who writes bad poetry. No song should have that many "I"s and "Me"s in it.

The Pin Machine thing was quite cool, but it wore thin past the halfway stage. I think the song is good, quite catchy, but I find it really annoying that Reznor wears his heart on his sleave at the age of 40. Especially when he actually seems quite happy with his life right now. He sounds like an introverted 14 year old who writes bad poetry. No song should have that many "I"s and "Me"s in it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am going to disagree. I think its great for an artist to do so.. Although the music industry is getting a little better.. its been to long with bands making songs about nothing and putting little emotion in it.

That song is one of my favourites from the album.. I don't know what it is but it stood out from from the rest during the first listening of the cd.

I am not sure what to say about the video. I think it may be to "artsy" (for lack of a better word) for the public. (but then again you get the feeling that none of the videos really are) One part I enjoyed is when his hand was against that device (forgetting that spikey things name)

I think a song that holds alot of passion like this one deserves a video with the same amount... but this video just doesn't deliver. I don't think it would make a first time listener of the song won over because the video draws emotion from the song making it rather just some person singing and not a person singing with passion (if that made sense)

This was totaly not what I pictured in my head as a video when I first heard the song....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

id like to reach up your ass and grab your colon, then pullit out and punch through your skull...you get my meaning?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

id like to reach up your ass and grab your colon, then pullit out and punch through your skull...you get my meaning?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what the fuck kinda response was that? Are you that lacking in maturity that that is the only way you debate. For heavens sake, its my opinion and its the internet. Get a life instead of making uncalled for comments on a freaking internet forum.

Upon first listening to the album, that was my favorite track. Yes NIN has toned down quite a bit. But I'm glad, I wouldn't want to hear another Downward Spiral or The Fragile (Although I love both). I'm digging the "groovier" sound. The video is interesting initially, but it just doesn't pick up like it feels it should. I don't know how to explain it exactly. It's a cool video for sure, I just wanted more action once I got passed the "oh the stuff is moving to the music" phase.