Forty Licks vs. Echoes

Guest gnr>everything

Forty Licks or Echoes?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest gnr>everything

I like The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd pretty much equally so this is a tough one for me, but I think Pink Floyd's songs all go with the whole album together, so taking out different songs and putting them together didn't really work for me. So my vote goes to Forty Licks.

If you want to see the tracklisting here they are:

Forty Licks

Echoes

Edited by gnr>everything

Guest gnr>everything
How come "Run Like Hell"  isn't on ECHOES , I love that tune and thought it was one of thier bigger Radio hits , i hear it a lot around here .

Peace GnR Nation  :shades:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i saw a laser show to "The Wall" and obviously they couldnt play the whole thing, but they didnt do run like hell...its one of my favorite songs off the album but they skipped it

How come "Run Like Hell"  isn't on ECHOES , I love that tune and thought it was one of thier bigger Radio hits , i hear it a lot around here .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"The Happiest Days Of Our Lives", "Another Brick In The Wall Pt.2", "Hey You", and "Comfortably Numb" are all already on the Echoes album. Four songs from The Wall is enough.

I have both of these albums, and have listened to both of them tons of times. I'm voting for 40 Licks. NOTHING beats 40 Licks. NOTHING!

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"The Happiest Days Of Our Lives", "Another Brick In The Wall Pt.2", "Hey You", and "Comfortably Numb" are all already on the Echoes album. Four songs from The Wall is enough.

I have both of these albums, and have listened to both of them tons of times. I'm voting for 40 Licks. NOTHING beats 40 Licks. NOTHING!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got my mom Forty Licks for her birhtday and we were listening to it in the car, then i became in love. Forty Licks got me started on the Stones, which got me started into classic rock so it always holds a special place for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing beats 40 Licks! NOTHING!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said dude.

The quote got erased, btw, sO i rewrote it :lol:

40 Licks is the best.

Well if it wanst for forty licks i wouldnt of never got into pink floyd. It was kind of like a domino effect, Led Zep greatest hits fell first, than Forty licks, than echoes... So i go for forty licks, but its so terribly close !@!@! But my opinion will change on any given day!

Well if it wanst for forty licks i wouldnt of never got into pink floyd. It was kind of like a domino effect, Led Zep greatest hits fell first, than Forty licks, than echoes... So i go for forty licks, but its so terribly close !@!@! But my opinion will change on any given day!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am quite confused by this statement :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am quite confused by this statement :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too, it makes no sense!

I prefer Floyd though forty licks has a lot of great songs on it. And I agree with some of the others that I just don't like Floyd songs being broken off their respective works of art and pasted together in a greatest hits compilation. It lacks the continuity and magic that each album has individually. But I still pick Echoes hands down...

I pick 40 licks. Echoes is good, but Pink Floyd really need to be listened to in a real album in order to achieve full effect. I love both bands but I think Licks takes it when it comes to almost any "Best Of" or "Greatest Hits" collection.