"Who are those guys in the back?"

Rick

It really bugs me when i go to a gig, watch a band, then i have to come home and go on the net to find out who the hell most of the band was. Not long ago Jamariqua (sp?) was in the building i work in. The lead singer of the band, JK is known to everyone. I wondered why that was and i was told it was partly for being an ass, and part for having loads of songs sounding exactly the same, although their new song is ok, as was the song they did for Godzilla.

Anyway, they were walking down one of the corridors, this woman who works in the building said hello to him and said she loved the new album, but then when the rest of the band walked behind him she asked them for their security pass because she didn't know who the hell they were?!.

Another instance is the last time i went to see Garbage, Manson didn't introduce one person on the stage. Why the hell not?! It bugs me so much.

There are quite a few bands who i honestly couldn't name the members, other than the frontman/vocalist. Coldplay are a good example. I also think this is pretty common with U2. No one knows the other's names, simply because Bono is so famous on his own.

I think it's pretty sad when it comes to that.

Thoughts please :)

R.

Edited by x_Estranged_x

I am the same way. Often i like the music but I am not a huge fan so I don't know any of the members names or just the lead singer.

I was at a show a few days ago and the opening act didn't introduce themselves So finally myself and a couple of others had to yell out asking them to introduce themselves.

Then the main act came on (the band is called David Usher) which is the lead singers name... :ph34r: i had no clue any of the other band members names till almost at the end when they finally introduced themselves.

When they are a band, that is quite annoying but when it's a solo artist (Say Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper, Eric Clapton etc.) I find it perfectly alright.

But I agree I can't think of a band where every member was as famous as the other.

Except maybe for Queen, but John Roger, although known, weren't as famous.

yeah i hate that too, but for U2 the edge is pretty famous too. a good example of this is the cure, no one rly knows who the hell the other ppl are, and robert smith is the only one seen in the videos, album covers, posters and all that. i also think that robert smith once said something like "no one cares about the other members of the band".

Butch Vig, the drummer from Garbage is pretty well known around rock circles. He is sometimes referred to as "the godfather of grunge" for having produced albums for Nirvana, Sonic Youth, and Smashing Pumpkins. He even worked for bands such as U2 as well. Back in the 90s, Smart Studios (he's the owner, along with Steve Marker) was known as this 'cradle of grunge'.

when my singer doesnt introduce us on stage we all go crazy and break out our own solos for about 10 minutes and then introduce ourselves. so pretty soon he just started introducing us at the beginning :Drock4

I see what yo mean estranged, but form the coldplay point of view, i was reading one of there interviews and they said that they are happy not be be known, and they'd much rather be unknown than famous, In fact i think that Guy the bassist sadi that the more people that dont know him, the better.

But you can see why such people like the chris martin and bono have all the spotlight in there band casue of the amount of work and casuses that they work for.

But you can see why such people like the chris martin and bono have all the spotlight in there band casue of the amount of work and casuses that they work for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yeah, i agree. They do some great work. I just think it's sad that the people who helped get them in the spotlight don't share the glory.

R.