The Final Cut!?

stevGNR666

Should "The Final Cut" be labeled as...  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know Officially the final cut is labeled as a pink floyd album but i challenge that because nobody in the band other than waters had any say in the album, he basically did all the vocals and all the songwriting...sure gilmore screamed out some solos...but the rest gave minimul imput...

i'm not saying that it was bad, but my question is whether or not it should be considered a "PINK FLOYD" album by fans.

YEAH! if you want to hear a lot of water's wails, mostly on the topic of his father's death...actually just about everything on the album is about wwii except fletcher mermorial home :blink:

i always like the track "Hero's Return Home" JESUS JESUS WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?"

awesome

its an awsome album, if you go to echoes.com you can watch videos and such, i think it should be labeled as pink floyd, even if you cant hear much of the rest of them they still contributed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but! dave and nick mason are just like...a backing band...and roger fired rick before the album even got started...so how is that a true "pink floyd" album?

i do agree though that it is awesome

its an awsome album, if you go to echoes.com you can watch videos and such, i think it should be labeled as pink floyd, even if you cant hear much of the rest of them they still contributed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but! dave and nick mason are just like...a backing band...and roger fired rick before the album even got started...so how is that a true "pink floyd" album?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but! gnr did albums without izzy or steven and we still call them gnr albums. and now gnr is ONLY axl and Dizzy. The Final Cut is still Pink Floyd, just with some modifications :drevil:

it's a great album and not talked about enough in my opinion. I still consider it a Pink Floyd album because it falls in line with everything else they did before that.(mostly Waters influenced) But TFC still has a huge David Gilmore presence and wouldn't be half as good without him. I like Two Suns in the Sunset, it's a good last song that kind of symbolizes the end of the original Pink Floyd sound and vibe. Though I did like Division Bell too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but! gnr did albums without izzy or steven and we still call them gnr albums. and now gnr is ONLY axl and Dizzy. The Final Cut is still Pink Floyd, just with some modifications :drevil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you cant really compare Floyd to GNR, because Floyd was a much closer group of musicians, GN'R was not as tight knit and not as cohesiaint (sp). While i do love TFC its certainly not their best work. I do not really consider it as "true" Pink Floyd, yet you cant call it a Waters solo album because Gilmour and Mason were presnt in it's recording are writing.

Forgot to answer the question-- If you consider The Wall to be a Pink Floyd album then you should call the Final Cut a Pink Floyd album. They were all Waters songs basically recorded at the same time. Gilmour co-wrote 2 or 3 on The Wall but that is it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only a few of the songs from TFC were recorded with The Wall and rejected, most were recorded after The Wall live tour. I find the two albums different.

Off-topic: I'm just getting into Floyd, what album everyone would recommend for starters? I've always heard Dark Side Of The Moon is fantastic, but what are your opinions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

start with ECHOES, if you like all songs on that hen start from scratch.

PIPER AT THE GATES DAWN

A SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS

UMMAGUMMA

MORE

ATOM HEART MOTHER

OBSCURED BY CLOUDS

MEDDLE

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

WISH YOU WERE HERE

ANIMALS

THE WALL

THE FINAL CUT

Guest gnr>everything
Off-topic: I'm just getting into Floyd, what album everyone would recommend for starters? I've always heard Dark Side Of The Moon is fantastic, but what are your opinions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Wall if you're willing to spend the $

otherwise, Wish You Were Here