Paradice City

Me and my band have a gig in about a week and we chose to play Paradice City. The problem is we have everything down except one small detail. In the Pre- Chorus, I know there is a distorted guitar but what makes that ringing sound. When they let the note vibrate there is a ringing sound. If anyone has ever played this song and knows how to get this sound, I would deeply appretiate if you reply.

Me and my band have a gig in about a week and we chose to play Paradice City. The problem is we have everything down except one small detail. In the Pre- Chorus, I know there is a distorted guitar but what makes that ringing sound. When they let the note vibrate there is a ringing sound. If anyone has ever played this song and knows how to get this sound, I would deeply appretiate if you reply.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm. Are you talking about the synth?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Different people have different intepretations of what a pre-chorus is. Can you give us some more details? A time? The only ringing I can think of is:

1. The whistle blowing right after the intro

2. The reverb on the amp causing notes to sustain or "ring"

3. Slash's nice vibrato

But I'm guessing. Give us some more info and somebody here is bound to give you an accurate answer.

It says in my GNR Anthonlogy guitar tab book that it is a keyboard, but it arranges it so you can play it on the guitar if you wish. It goes like this:-

(the chords are along the top, listen to the song for timing, but i have set it out to the timing so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out!)

Remember, most if not all (apart from aint it fun) are tuned 1/2 a step down!

(the chords)

G ------------ C ----------- F --- C --------- G

E|--15---------------------13---17---------15---------|

B|-------------13---------------------------(15)-------| < (the last 15 is optional)

G|-------------------------------------------------------|

D|-------------------------------------------------------|

A|-------------------------------------------------------|

E|-------------------------------------------------------|

Hope this helps!

Edited by gnfnr86

Guest gnr>everything

Or are you talking about the effects he uses for the intro? :drevil: If that's the question, then he uses Chorus effect and Reverb.

• 2 weeks later...