Finally something by me

Well that rhymed!

Anyway, this is my favorite thing to solo to. I recorded this last night at 4 in the morning, in one go, and I've only been playing for 6 months, and I have played better than this, and put more into it before (I know excuses, excuses).

Anyway, here it is.

PB's Solo

Equipment....

Guitar: Fender Squier Strat (It goes out of tune while playing, and I didn't tune up before recording, so when I play anything on the first two strings, it kinda sounds off. I am planning on purchasing a new axe soon.

Amp: My computer, I used this program called GUITARFX 3 to record it and add the effects.

Program: I used Audacity to mix 'em and put the two files together, that's why the solo might be off a little on timing from the arpeggios.

Anyway, constructive criticsm is always nice. I really need to work on my bends, but part of it is my guitar, 'cause I've soloed around on an epi LP and it felt waaayyy different than my Strat. But I've haven't had a ton of experience so take it easy. I ain't no backslazh!

Enjoy it, or maybe you won't.

PB

Thats real cool dude, your progessing really well, do you have a teacher?

Sounds VERY David Gilmour, i love that style. Keep up the great work :)

Even though its a Squier you get a really good tone out of it, gotta love that Strat tone.

Edited by johnezz

Thats real cool dude, your progessing really well, do you have a teacher?

Sounds VERY David Gilmour, i love that style.  Keep up the great work  :)

Even though its a Squier you get a really good tone out of it, gotta love that Strat tone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I've had about 4 different ones over the course of 6 months.

My first teacher only showed up for like 3 lessons, so he was fired. Then I had some red headed dude fill in for him, for about 2 lessons. Then the owner of the shop's wife had a baby, so she stopped teaching KinderMusic and starting running the store. So the owner started teaching me. But now his wife is going back to teaching KinderMusic, so he will need to stop teaching, which sucks 'cause I loved the guy. He has been teaching me a lot of bluesy type licks and scales, and that's what I really love, so I'll have some new young guy at the start of September. But at least I am getting a lot of different styles under my belt.

ANYWAY, yes, I do actually love the tone of the Strat, it is just unfortunate that the intonation is a little fucked, that is my main reason for moving to a different guitar, probably an LTD EC series, quite possibly a LTD EC-400AT.

BTW, you can actually check out the place where I take lessons at:

www.musicforteonline.com

Thanks for the response, man. I appreciate it.

PB