Grace Notes

While atttempting the estranged guitar solo (I attempt by ear first always...tabs are second), something I played just wasn't right so I looked into the tabs and figured there's a GRACE NOTE in that first solo. So how do I play that?

Can someone please explain how to execute this technique properly.

its also used in the riff for back in black.

Thankyou all very much!

I'm hoping atleast santana would reply

rock1 rock3 rock1

Edited by abitestranged

Grace notes, they're almost like accent notes. They really aren't an actual part of the song, they're used more to uh... "decorate" the song. There isn't any particular way to play them, you kind of just add them in where ever you feel they fit.

Grace notes, they're almost like accent notes. They really aren't an actual part of the song, they're used more to uh... "decorate" the song. There isn't any particular way to play them, you kind of just add them in where ever you feel they fit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When you say "add" how do you do the adding? do I strum it with my right hand? do I hold down the notes with my left hand? I'm sure something physical must be done to add them right?

All you do is insert a note to accent the song. You play them just as you would play any other note. In musical notation, grace notes are written really small because they are technically not part of the song, but are only added to accentuate the music.

A grace note is a small ornamentation on another note. It usually is very, very short (about a 32nd note) and is played slightly before another note. It takes is value from the preceeding note, not the note it is attached to. it is use to ornament a note, its not actually part of the song and not performed ryhtmically