Johnny Cash Appreciation Thread

Rumin

The only man to be inducted into the Country Hall of Fame, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and Songwriters Hall of Fame. A huge musical influence on so many other great musicians. It doesn't get much better than Johnny Cash.

This November, a movie starring Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon will be released, titled 'Walk The Line'. The movie is a biopic of Cash's life, similar to movies such as Ali and Ray. I'm really looking forward to it because I'm a big Johnny Cash fan.

So anyway, discuss your favorite Cash songs, facts, or memories here. For those of you who don't know much about him, check out his music.

BEST. THREAD. EVER.

Johnny Cash was truely one of a kind. There never has been, nor will there ever be anyone like him. He wrote and recorded some of the greatest music ever. His impact on the music world in immeasurable.

Johnny20Cash20FINGER202.jpg

1101030922_400.jpg

Edited by santana

Guest gnr>everything

When I was like 10 I went to a Hard Rock Cafe in Baltimore and there was a picture of a guy flipping off the crowd right next to our booth, so it kinda looked like he was flipping us off. I never knew who it was, and santana has just solved this mystery for me. Thank You.

His cover of NIN's "hurt" was heartbreaking.  I'm looking forward to the film!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The video made me cry. It was very emotional.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here. The first time I heard the original version, I knew the song was going to be an instant classic. The first time I heard Johnny's version, I totally forgot about the original. That song was totally fitting of Johnny Cash.

I'm gonna go buy American 3 & 4...

Any others I should buy?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They just released a new box set, The Legend Box Set. It has 4 discs, with a lot of his early and classic recordings, and even some of the newer songs he did with American. It's hard to say what to get because he recorded so much... Some of the best are:

All of the American recordings.

At Folsom Prison.

The Original Sun Recordings

Johnny Cash Sings Hank Williams and Other Favorites.