led zep and the shark

damian 1200

I got this from a Classic Rock Magazine article called '16 Rock N' Roll Myths'. Tell me if you want hear the other 15.

2. Fish Tales

Who: Led Zeppelin

What: 'Shagged' a groupie with a shark

Myth or Fact: Fact.

The actual incident happened, but as for how many members of the band were present... the jury is still out on that one.

'The Mudshark Incident' took place at The Edgewater Inn, Seattle, in 1969. Tour manager Richard Cole has stated that he initiated the proceedings, the band were not involved... and it wasn't a shark. "It was a red snapper," he says, "and the chick happened to be a fucking red-headed broad with a ginger pussy. It was like 'Let's see how your red snapper likes this red snapper!"

I got this from a Classic Rock Magazine article called '16 Rock N' Roll Myths'.  Tell me if you want hear the other 15.

2.  Fish Tales

Who:  Led Zeppelin

What:  'Shagged' a groupie with a shark

The actual incident happened, but as for how many members of the band were present... the jury is still out on that one. 

'The Mudshark Incident'  took place at The Edgewater Inn, Seattle, in 1969.  Tour manager Richard Cole has stated that he initiated the proceedings, the band were not involved... and it wasn't a shark.  "It was a red snapper," he says, "and the chick happened to be a fucking red-headed broad with a ginger pussy.  It was like 'Let's see how your red snapper likes this red snapper!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hahaha ok, cool

And if its not too much trouble, whats the other 15 facts of myths

I got this from a Classic Rock Magazine article called '16 Rock N' Roll Myths'.  Tell me if you want hear the other 15.

2.  Fish Tales

Who:  Led Zeppelin

What:  'Shagged' a groupie with a shark

'The Mudshark Incident'  took place at The Edgewater Inn, Seattle, in 1969.  Tour manager Richard Cole has stated that he initiated the proceedings, the band were not involved... and it wasn't a shark.  "It was a red snapper," he says, "and the chick happened to be a fucking red-headed broad with a ginger pussy.  It was like 'Let's see how your red snapper likes this red snapper!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hahaha ok, cool

And if its not too much trouble, whats the other 15 facts of myths

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem. I've got the time.

16. Celebrity Stomach Pump

Who: Various frontmen and women

What: Rock star faints on stage, is taken to hospital where - after a stomach pump - it's revealed that he/she has somehow ingested 10 pitns of, um, 'cock snot'

Myth or Fact: Myth.

This tale goes back many years, and its victims include Rod Stewart, Elton John, Jon Bon Jovi, Alanis Morrisette, David Bowie and many more.

Apparently its origins date back to the early 70s when every US high school was rumoured to have a cheerleader who wound up having her stomach pumped after servicing the entire football team. Now rock stars have become the 'slutty cheerleaders'.

As for whether any rock star might have done the deed. Classic Rock's chief medical correspondent tells us that the average amount of male ejaculation is between a half and one teaspoon - that's about 96 teaspoons to a pint. So do the maths. It is, to say the least, highly unlikely.

15. Call The RSPCA

Who: Alice Cooper

What: Murdered a chicken on stage

Myth or Fact: Fact. Sorta.

The incident was actually filmed by legendary documentary maker D.A. Pennebaker, as Alice recalled in his biography: "I thought chickens could fly! [um, cheers, Alice.] So when this chicken was handed to me at the finale of the show, I held the chicken out to the audience and threw it up in the air, expecting it to soar off above the stadium and fly away like a dove. Instead it screamed and squawked and it did a nose dive into the audience. Some kid grabbed a wing and another person got a leg and suddenly the kids were pulling it apart. One wing ripped off and blood began to spray all over everyone..."

14. Cock Rock #1

Who: Marilyn Manson

What: Had a rib surgically removed so that he could give himself blowjobs.

Myth or Fact: Myth. Jeezus H! Marilyn doesn't have to fellate himself - have you seen his girlfriend?!

13. The Devil Made Me Do It

Who: Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer Bob Burns.

What: Threw a cat out of a hotel window

Myth or Fact: Sadly true.

As the band were coming to the end of their first British headline tour, Burns finally had a mental breakdown. "Bob had mental problems before he joined Skynyrd, but they were accelerated by the pressures of touring and excessive boozing," recalls an ex-roadie (who wishes to remain anonymous).

Bob Burns was not the best person to take to see The Exorcist, then. But after viewing the World's Scariest Movie he became obsessed with Satan, which culminated in an incident when he threw a hotel owner's cat out of a top-floor window, claiming that he "saw the Devil in the cat's eyes".

As a consequence, Burns was promptly fired from Skynyrd. Ironically, getting the sack probably saved his life - most of the group perished in a tragic plane crash in October 1977.

12. Subliminal Messages

Who: Various Artists

What: Putting subliminal or 'hidden' messages on records (which sometime can be heard only when the record is played backwards) - things like commanding thier fans to commit various heinous acts including suicide.

The most high-profile case of this involved Brummie metal merchants Judas Priest. It was alleged that subliminal commands or 'do it!' on a track (Better By You, Better By Me) on their Stained Class album encouraged a double suicide bid in 1985.

Presumably the fact that both victims had a history of heavy drug use and crime, and that at least one of them had attempted suicide before, had nothing to do with it.

11. Cock Rock #2 - The Plaster Casters

Who: The Plaster Casters/ Frank Zappa

What: A gang of groupies calling themselves The Plaster Casters, famous for collecting plaster casts or rock stars' genitalia in the 60s and 70s, were assisted financially by Frank Zappa.

Based in Chicago, Cynthia Plaster Casted came up with the bright idea of making plaster casts of music celebrities' todgers. As the Casters were originally financed by Zappa, at one stage his manager, Herb Cohen, claimed ownership of the moulds, resulting in Cynthia going to court to reclaim her goods. "I had to spend two days talking cock on the witness stand to get them back," she commented.

10. Shit Happens

Who: Frank Zappa

What: In an attempt to out-gross Alice Cooper, Frank Zappa defecated on [shat on - Plain English Ed] a plate and then proceeded to eat the pile of steaming faeces with a spoon.

This rumour shocked and disgusted a gullible public in the late 60s. Zappa told Playboy magazine: "There was never a 'gross-out' contest. That was a rumour. Somebody's imagination ran wild. Chemically bonded imagination."

9. Almost Dead

Who: Various dead artists, including Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain.

What: Are actually alive. Or were murdered.

Myth or Fact: Myth. Probably.

"The fact is that the general public cannot believe that celebrities, extraordinary people can have ordinary deaths," explained one renowned grief counsellor. "Fans experience this incredible send of abandonment when their objects of worship die. It's a similar experience to when we lose a relative, but magnified a thousand times."

8. The Wizard Of Floyd

Who: Pink Floyd

What: You can play Dark Side Of The Moon while watching The Wizard Of Oz, and the music and action will be in perfect sync.

Listen, with a brain full of high-quality hydroponic skunk, you can match and album and film together. But don't try it, just trust us on this one.

7. Tantrums #1

Who: Elton John

What: While on tour, Elton phoned his management to see if they could do anything about the weather.

The king of strops recalls the event, which happened during the peak of his legendary cocaine excesses: "I could be unbelievable horrible and stupid. I remember once in New York calling my office in London and screaming down the phone at the poor secretary: 'It's too fucking windy outside my hotel room - can you do something about it?!'"

6. G'day, Satan

Who: AC/DC

What: That AC/DC stand for Anti-Christ/ Devil's Children

The idea for the name came off the back of a Hoover. But it plagued the band in their early years: if club owners weren't expecting Devil worshippers, then they thought they were getting an antipodean version of The Village People.

5. Lick It Up

Who: Gene Simmons

What: Had a cow's tongue grafted on to his own, explaining the length.

Myth or Fact: Are you kidding us?!

Simmons not only has an extraordinarily long tongue, but also an equally lengthy scrapbook with photos of thousands of grateful women who can verify its talent.

4. Tantrums #2

Who: Van Halen

What: A clause in their tour contracts that stipulated that they were to have a bowl of M&Ms - with all the brown ones taken out - backstage at every show.

David Lee Roth: "Our shows were massive, complex operations to put on the road. And this involved huge, complex contracts with promoters who were out to make a fast buck. Sticking in the M&M clause was our way of checking if the promoters were actually reading the contracts.

"Sure, if I found that there were brown M7Ms n the bowl I would trash the dressing rom, but you can be assured that something else more had been overlooked."

3. Blood On The Tracks

Who: Keith Richards

What: During his days as a full-blown heroin addict. Keith Richards used to regularly visit a clinic in Switzerland for a blood change. This took away the craving for opiates and enabled him to go on tour and record albums.

Myth or fact: Myth.

How Keith has survived thus far if probably down to having a supernaturally strong constitution. Either that or he's a cyborg.

2. Fish Tales

1. Work, Rest and Play.

Who: Marianne Faithful.

What: During a drug bust at Keith Richard's estate, the police allegedly found Marianne Faithful lying naked on a fur rug with boyfriend Mick Jagger eating a Mars Bar from... between her legs.

Myth or Fact: Myth

Faithful believes that the then naive police force made a connection between Keith Richard's abnormally large stash of sweets (junkies have immense sugar cravings) and the decadent swinging 60s scene that confronted them when they came crashing through the door.

"The Mars Bar was an effective piece of demonising," she said. "it was such a malicious twisting of facts. It was far too jaded for any of us even to have thought it up. It's a dirty old man's fantasy. A cop's idea of what people do on acid".

Marianne's agent once called her to say that Mars had offered a lucrative deal to advertise their product. She sacked him. (Bet some on you still wanna believe this one...)

Enjoy.

8. The Wizard Of Floyd

Who: Pink Floyd

What: You can play Dark Side Of The Moon while watching The Wizard Of Oz, and the music and action will be in perfect sync.

Actually, this is a fact. I don't know why it said it was a myth. I think a Pink Floyd member even admitted it a few years ago.

The Bob Burns thing is very interesting, too.