i have a fneder 25 frontman for about 4 years, i havent turned it on for a week and yesterday when i did, the clean was fine but when i hit the footswitch to gain, it was really loud and overdriven, and now i have to put the distortion volume only half way (before level 1, and it can get to 10) or else its too noisy, the weird thing is. the clean status sounds just fine. what is the problem?

i have a fneder 25 frontman for about 4 years, i havent turned it on for a week and yesterday when i did, the clean was fine but when i hit the footswitch to gain, it was really loud and overdriven, and now i have to put the distortion volume only half way (before level 1, and it can get to 10) or else its too noisy, the weird thing is. the clean status sounds just fine. what is the problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i hate to appear as insulting your intellegence, but it sounds like user-error to me, a loose wire should not ever do something like that, i imagine a busted capacitor(sp?) or transistor could do that, but it's unlikely. check your EQ isn't maxed out, and is how you like it. maybe your distortion level is maxed out? it really sounds like you overlooked something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i hate to appear as insulting your intellegence, but it sounds like user-error to me, a loose wire should not ever do something like that, i imagine a busted capacitor(sp?) or transistor could do that, but it's unlikely. check your EQ isn't maxed out, and is how you like it. maybe your distortion level is maxed out? it really sounds like you overlooked something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the EQ was set just as i left it, and like i said the clean status sounds fine. and whats that about a loose wire? i didnt mention that