5 necked guitar

if you look carefully one is a 12 string and one is fretless

that provides two different necks to use in different situations.

the other three i believe he keeps in different tunings. and one of them has a tremelo bar on it. just different guitars for different situations combined into one

he doesnt play more than one at the same time, which i know is what some of you were thinking

Edited by FORKS

lol that many necks on a guitar is just pointless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree...although when I watched the G3 concert with Satch, Vai and Yngwie, I thought that Steve Vai's 3 neck guitar was ridiculous...

...until he played it...

...WELL.

Very well actually. I must admit though, he had to sit down to use it which kinda sucks. I doubt anybody could even sit with that 5 neck guitar and still play it. It seems far less practical than 5 separate guitars to me.

Rick Neilsen of CT play this during Surrender at most of their concerts. I've seen them live many times. He uses all 5 necks during the song. Plus, he runs around stage with this thing strapped on.

Also- Neilsen has probably one of the largest and greatest guitar collections of anyone on this planet (including Slash)...hundreds or rareties and custom models.

lol that many necks on a guitar is just pointless.

I agree...although when I watched the G3 concert with Satch, Vai and Yngwie, I thought that Steve Vai's 3 neck guitar was ridiculous...

...until he played it...

...WELL.

Very well actually. I must admit though, he had to sit down to use it which kinda sucks. I doubt anybody could even sit with that 5 neck guitar and still play it. It seems far less practical than 5 separate guitars to me.

...until he played it...

...WELL.

;)