Songs using basic 18 notes to guitar?

I was wondering if you knew any songs (or a website) that has songs that can be played with the basic 18-notes when it comes to playing guitar. i.e, G 3/0, A 3/2, B 1/0 and so on..

Hopefully you know what I'm speaking of. Just to be a bit more specific, im not learning tabs. Im learning the true musical way, or whatever the actual term would be. Also flamenco style not pick. Anything would be appreciated really. Thanks.

By the way. I've been doing some 'googling' and it seems as if my teacher is the only person who knows about the basic 18 notes to guitar :huh: .

So bare with me guys, if you got no clue what I'm talking about.

This is a copy and paste of a PM i sent santana and was gonna send johnezz but turns out his inbox is full :fuckyou:

:P

Ahahaa sorry mate, i didn't realise it was full, it's now empty!

18 notes??

Theres only 12 notes.

All songs use some of these 12 notes, but not all, because theres no scale that uses every single note.

And every song has to use some of these notes, as they are the only notes, but you can have them in different octaves of course.

I don't think that helps much lol.

Santana is proberly more helpful that i am.

Edited by johnezz

Ahahaa sorry mate, i didn't realise it was full, it's now empty!

18 notes??

Theres only 12 notes.

All songs use some of these 12 notes, but not all, because theres no scale that uses every single note.

And every song has to use some of these notes, as they are the only notes, but you can have them in different octaves of course.

I don't think that helps much lol.

Santana is proberly more helpful that i am.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's probably different when you're learning Flamenco, which I doubt. At the mo, I have these notes (13):

E 6/0; A 5/0; D 4/0; E 4/2; F 4/3; G 3/0; A 3/2; B 2/0; C 2/1; D 2/3; E 1/0; F 1/1; G 1/3

My teacher might just be crazy. He can play mad guitar though (flamenco style that is)!

OK, I think I see what you're getting at with the 18 notes here...

E6/0  A5/0  D4/0 G3/0  B2/0  E1/0

F6/1  B5/2  E4/2  A3/2  C2/1  F1/1

G6/3 C6/3  F4/3  B3/4  D2/3  G1/3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont get it, sorry im a dumbass when it comes to musical theory, im self taught.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure it'll end up like that. Nothing you can maybe help with? It gets boring playing the same excersise. Something like this;

Play A 3/2 (1 beat), B 2/0 (1 beat), C 2/1 (1 beat), D 2/3 (1 beat), C 2/1 (hold for 4 beats) then play A 5/0 for 4 beats (whilst holding C 2/1) Then continue doing that going up pitch or whatever. The point is that it gets boring as shit especially that I know it flawlessly <_<

Sorry, not the best at describing shit..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont get it, sorry im a dumbass when it comes to musical theory, im self taught.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's just saying where each note is on the guitar

E6/0 means there is a E note on the 6th string, open. A5/0 means A note on 5th string, open, etc. etc.

Same for F6/1. F note on the 6th string on the first fret. I don't really understand this style. It seems very tedious. Does anyone know of any guitarists that actually bothered to learn via this style?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's just saying where each note is on the guitar

E6/0 means there is a E note on the 6th string, open. A5/0 means A note on 5th string, open, etc. etc.

Same for F6/1. F note on the 6th string on the first fret. I don't really understand this style. It seems very tedious. Does anyone know of any guitarists that actually bothered to learn via this style?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. At least that's what I thought SWLABR7 was getting at, and I just filled in the holes for him.