Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (Album)

Yamisonic

So what do you think of Wish You Were Here? I got a lot into it lately. I love the instrumental parts of Shine On part 1, they are quite relaxing. I haven't got into Shine on part 2 yet, it's not one of my favs right now. I'm not a big fan of Welcome To The Machine, but Have A Cigar makes up for it, great melody and guitar. And the song, Wish You Were Here, needs no description, really.

Very good album, I like it. Opinions?

Amazing album, their 4th best.

Shine on you Crazy Diamond is amazing, all parts of it. I think it was a good idea splitting it in half, it might of been a bit too much listerning to it all in 1 go. Gilmour's guitar work in it is great, so emotional

The Title track is the stand out though i think, its very different fom the other songs on the album.

Have a Ciger is a very cool song i think, Roy Harper has a great voice on this song.

Welcome to the Machine is the weakest song.

All in all, an awesome album, just not their best.

Amazing album, their 4th best.

Shine on you Crazy Diamond is amazing, all parts of it.  I think it was a good idea splitting it in half, it might of been a bit too much listerning to it all in 1 go.  Gilmour's guitar work in it is great, so emotional

The Title track is the stand out though i think, its very different fom the other songs on the album.

Have a Ciger is a very cool song i think, Roy Harper has a great voice on this song.

Welcome to the Machine is the weakest song.

All in all, an awesome album, just not their best.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree on everything there, except 4th best, I think it ranks a big higher for me.

Well, it has shine on you crazy diamond on and wish you were here. They are probably the only two reasons i'd buy that album. Have a cigar is a pretty good tune aswell. Welcome to the machine just doesn't compare.

My verdict - 3/5 : Its a fairly good album, only because of Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Great Album, I have been looking for it forever around the house to put on my ipod. Seems like i lost it. :(

Not one of my favourites but SOYCD Parts 1-5, and 6-10 are so great. Like you said yami, wish you were here doesn't need any praising more than it already does, just so perfect.

5th Best Pink Floyd Album for me though.

Behind:

Animals

Dark Side of the Moon

The Wall

Piper at the Gates of Dawn

I really don't like this album much. It is the least favorite floyd album I own, those being Animals, The Wall, DSOTM, and WYWH. By the way, they order i mentioned them, is the order I prefer them. WYWH really doesn't do it for me... shine on you crazy diamond never interested me, and the only song I really got into on it was WYWH and occasionally Have a Cigar.

Animals does it for me :)