Rubber Soul v Revolver

Axl Rose Child

Which is the better Beatles album?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest gnr>everything
Generally considered the two best Beatles albums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By who?

Sgt. Pepper, Revolver, and The White Album are generally considered their best from what I've seen...

Edited by gnr>everything

By who?

Sgt. Pepper, Revolver, and The White Album are generally considered their best from what I've seen...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By who? Music journalists.

On the greatest-ever lists here in the UK, Soul & Revolver are usually in the top-10.

Sgt Pepper, maybe. White Album, no, its overblown. [Although, its is of course still great]

That 66-67 period IS considered the best of the Beatles.

By who?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By who? Music journalists.

On the greatest-ever lists here in the UK, Soul & Revolver are usually in the top-10.

Sgt Pepper, maybe. White Album, no, its overblown. [Although, its is of course still great]

That 66-67 period IS considered the best of the Beatles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The last thing The White Album was, is overblown. That was definitetly ahead of it's time and a piece of art. All songs unique in their own ways.

Of those two, Revolver is the best - imo. Just pure art. Of all Beatles CD's; it's the White Album for me :)

First of all Sgt. Peppers is the best Beatles album.

I just can't understand this viewpoint.

I don't think this album is ANYWHERE NEAR as good as Revolver or Rubber Soul. Sure, it was "challenging" in its day, but it doesn't have the great songs that those two albums possess. In my opinion, only "Lonely Hearts Club Band" and "A Day In The Life" are great songs on Sgt Pepper. Pepper is one of my least favourite Beatles albums.

On a side note: my favourite Beatles album ever is their first Capitol album from the US, "Meet The Beatles". Every single song is great. In fact, its probably my favourite album of all time.

Edited by Axl Rose Child

Generally considered the two best Beatles albums.

Which is the best?

Revolver for me. "Tomorrow Never Knows" wins it alone, that song was 20 years ahead of its time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It still is ahead of its time.

I don't like to sit on the fence, so i'm going to vote for Revolver. Love you to is such a quality song.

I think Rubber Soul has some amazing songs, my favourite being The Word

I don't think this album is ANYWHERE NEAR as good as Revolver or Rubber Soul. Sure, it was "challenging" in its day, but it doesn't have the great songs that those two albums possess. In my opinion, only "Lonely Hearts Club Band" and "A Day In The Life" are great songs on Sgt Pepper. Pepper is one of my least favourite Beatles albums.

On a side note: my favourite Beatles album ever is their first Capitol album from the US, "Meet The Beatles". Every single song is great. In fact, its probably my favourite album of all time.

A Day In The Life is probably one of the most perfect songs ever written. Fixing A hole is a strong tune. Within And without You too and Getting Better, Lovely Rita, With A Little Help From My Friends, Lucy in the ...

I could name every song on this album. For me it's like a Symphony.

Guest gnr>everything

A Day In The Life is probably one of the most perfect songs ever written. Fixing A hole is a strong tune. Within And without You too and Getting Better, Lovely Rita, With A Little Help From My Friends, Lucy in the ...

I could name every song on this album. For me it's like a Symphony.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, it's definately their best. All of the songs are great...

Edited by gnr>everything

Dude, there are waay more Beatles albums considered their best. And their overall peak was 1964 - Movie, US/UK popularity, tours, 5 songs in 5 top stops of the US charts ...

Out of those, I like Rubber Soul. But I like the others much better.

I used to love Revolver, now it doesn't touch me as it did before.

Dude, there are waay more Beatles albums considered their best.

Well, not in the UK.

Every "Greatest Album" list I read has these two albums in or around the top 10. With Sgt. Pepper slightly behind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find that in the UK, Revolver is the one album that is considered their best work, then Sgt Pepper.

The Best album of the Beatles is the White album by far..........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't say by far.

I always think that the white album is cheating a bit because it is double disc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what brings it down for me, really, not very fond of double discs.

The Best album of the Beatles is the White album by far..........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't say by far.

I always think that the white album is cheating a bit because it is double disc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what brings it down for me, really, not very fond of double discs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do love the White album, but there are a couple of poor songs (By Beatle standards), for example Piggies. George Harrison was warned by the guys who worked at the recording studio not to put it on because it wasn't as good as his usual stuff