Guitarists

I know we have a lot of guitar players on here, and I was wondering how all of you like your EQ to be.. Do you like the ''scooped'' mids sound? Or very trebley, a lot of mids, or whatever???

For me I prefer a slightly 'scooped' sound, with more bass than treble. I don't like the "metal" tone, but I prefer my mids not to be prominent, if you know what I mean?

So how do you like your settings?

Well i have a strat, and i have a shit 15watt solid state practise amp.

I play clean, or overdriven, i don't like distortion as it does not really suit my style, but i do love Fuzz.

But, i run my EQ on:

Bass - 10

Mids - 5

Treble - 10

I know that looks a little fucked up, but on neck pickup the tone is Fucken Awesome!!

Man i love Strats :wub:

And about strats, the only thing I don't like about them is single coil pickups, I prefer HB's more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh thats the main reason why i love strats.

Ok single coils are not good for Metal, but hey, you can't beat them for clean tones, blues, rock and almost anything.

When you think about it, all the artists who have the best tones use Strats (SRV, Clapton, Eric Johnson, Knofler, Gilmour)

But yeah, not only that but they are dream to hold and play :P

Mind oyu the Strat im building has HB's because everyone needs atleast 1 humbucking guitar.

And about strats, the only thing I don't like about them is single coil pickups, I prefer HB's more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh thats the main reason why i love strats.

Ok single coils are not good for Metal, but hey, you can't beat them for clean tones, blues, rock and almost anything.

When you think about it, all the artists who have the best tones use Strats (SRV, Clapton, Eric Johnson, Knofler, Gilmour)

But yeah, not only that but they are dream to hold and play :P

Mind oyu the Strat im building has HB's because everyone needs atleast 1 humbucking guitar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I agree the clean tones are amazing. I love the sounds Gilmour get's out of his strat, especially with all the effects... I love that 'spacy' sound. For the most part I really do like the tone, but I like the HB crunch, and it just suits how I play more. Have you ever played a fat strat? I believe they have a HB and 2 single coils? I was thinking about picking one up in the future.

You have atone like that with an mg series... i doubt it !

I get a tsl602 .. great amp... I have an eq pedal so wen im doing lead i scoop the mids, but my rythym tone its :

l: 7

m:3

h:6

I dont like my mids in my rythym tone, i think they destroy it !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ihave the TSL100 with full Marshall Stack. I changed my "tone" about 2 weeks ago. Used to be more metak (lots of gain, no mids etc) Now I'm like this for "Slash"/Ski Row: on the lead channel.

Presence 3, deep on, reverb 2, bass 9, mid 8, treb 3, cain 4, tone button out. Volume 5.

I have a Gibson LP Std with Alnico II's, Very happy with tis sound now.

I was thinking about getting a JCM 800 re-issue. That has a great sound, but it is a 1 trick pony.