AutoCAD 2006

kevin

I use 2004 at work and have a copy of 2006 at home (but never really needed to use it) so i might be able to help a bit.

If you youre doing a drawing in model space there is an infinite area you cannot control, so you can draw a fully detailed life-size model of the universe if you've got the time and hard disk space :lol:

Theres the layout tab down near the bottom, next to the model tab, its usually called "paper space" There may be more than one. It shows what the model will look like on a pre-defined sheet of paper, like A4,A3,A2 etc. You can scale the model to a specific size like 1/50, 1/100 etc to see if it will fit on the your chosen paper size.

Maybe the easiest way would just be to start a new drawing so you can specify a size ....see the pic, and then start from scratch or copy/paste something existing into the model space and then scale it on the paper space.

ac6zp.jpg

If its just the dimensions style, sizes of numbers, arrows and stuff you can right click on one-go to properties-and fiddle about with the options to get them to look right. When your happy with one you can "match properties" to get them all the same.

I dont know how much you've used it, so i dont want to confuse a beginner or bore an expert. I never got taught how to use it at college or uni, i just picked it up at work so there will be smarter & quicker ways of doing it

Type "Limits"

pick a low left corner and an upper right corner

Voila ;)

I hope thats what you are looking for

Personally I don't use this, it's not necessary,

instead of 'zoom extents', use 'zoom all' and it'll zoom up on what you have drawn

but whatever is your preference dude rock3

Edited by Neemo

Type "Limits"

pick a low left corner and an upper right corner

Voila ;)

I hope thats what you are looking for

Personally I don't use this, it's not necessary,

instead of 'zoom extents', use 'zoom all' and it'll zoom up on what you have drawn

but whatever is your preference dude rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AHH thanks!! This is exactly what I needed!

I had to set up drawing limits, and have the grid on, print out the design for school, and I was afraid if I had the wrong limit dimensions I would be screwed!!

I personally hate the grid option, but the teacher wanted us to use it with snaps on every dot, and shit..

AHH thanks!!  This is exactly what I needed!

I had to set up drawing limits, and have the grid on, print out the design for school, and I was afraid if I had the wrong limit dimensions I would be screwed!!

I personally hate the grid option, but the teacher wanted us to use it with snaps on every dot, and shit..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh right...school.... where they teach you the long slow hard way to do it and let you figure out the easy way. lol

pm me if you have any more questions dude ;) I know this program too damn well for my own good. Rock on