Help needed!

peg

Ok, i downloaded the new msn the other day and ever since it hasn't been letting me sign on.

I've tryed uninstalling it, then re-enstalling it but it still wont let me on.

A message come up saying ' Messenger is unable to sign you in at this time, due to problem 8000470' something like that.

When i was downloading it the first time it took me ages, but still never let me sign in -when i re-enstalled it, it said you clcik a certain button and it can do it faster- but theres risks. I thought it could of been that but it never let me sign in first time i tryed so it cant be... :question:

Should i try getting a new email address or try and sort the problem?

I'm so crap at computers :huh: I dont have a clue what to do so any help or advice am grateful for!

Thanx peg.

found this on msn help.

This is the nearest code to what you suggested..

How do I fix error 81000370?When you try to sign in to MSN Messenger, you may receive the following error message:

We were unable to sign you in to the Microsoft® .NET Messenger Service.

Try the following to help resolve the situation:

Click the MSN Messenger icon in the taskbar (next to the clock), and then click Exit.

Make the following changes to your Internet options:

Click the Microsoft Windows Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Click Network and Internet Connections.

Click Set up or change your Internet connection.

Click the Content tab.

Under Certificates, click Clear SSL State.

Click OK when you receive a confirmation.

Click the Advanced tab, and then scroll down to Security.

Make sure that Check for server certificate revocation (requires restart) is not selected, and that Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 are selected.

If your computer is running Microsoft® Microsoft® Windows® XP, clear the DNS resolver cache.

On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Run.

In the box, type cmd, and then click OK.

At the command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns, and then press ENTER.

Try to sign-in to MSN Messenger again

link

MSN Messenger Help

Ok, i downloaded the new msn the other day and ever since it hasn't been letting me sign on.

I've tryed uninstalling it, then re-enstalling it but it still wont let me on.

A message come up saying ' Messenger is unable to sign you in at this time, due to problem 8000470' something like that.

When i was downloading it the first time it took me ages, but still never let me sign in -when i re-enstalled it, it said you clcik a certain button and it can do it faster- but theres risks. I thought it could of been that but it never let me sign in first time i tryed so it cant be...  :question:

Should i try getting a new email address or try and sort the problem?

I'm so crap at computers :huh:  I dont have a clue what to do so any help or advice am grateful for!

Thanx peg.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mine is not working at the moment either, and it worked yesterday and i haven't downloaded anything new. I think the networks fucked, dont worry. ;)

PP

Ok, my sister said we need a new firewall  :unsure: wtf  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you should check the security level on your firewall is on medium; it might be stopping you signing in, or maybe your anti virus doesnt agree with the msn.

Is this version 7.5? because I can't log into that at the moment but I don't get that message.

Edited by stratomaster

Ok, my sister said we need a new firewall  :unsure: wtf  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you should check the security level on your firewall is on medium; it might be stopping you signing in, or maybe your anti virus doesnt agree with the msn.

Is this version 7.5? because I can't log into that at the moment but I don't get that message.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, 7.5