BIG or SMALL venues

eRomano

From 1991 to 1993, we GNR fans got used to big venues (ie. stadium Tours).

In 2001, GNR played 3 small venues (less than 1800 people) and Rock in Rio (numbers say 1.2 million people, but I think that is the total of people over the week, lets just say 200 000+ crowd and someone can correct me on this later).

So the question is: As a GNR fan, which would you prefer, a smaller venue or a big venue.

Advantages vs disadvantages:

Smaller Venue

ADVANTAGES: You're closer to the artist, closer to the speakers, more intimate, less crowd noise.

DISADVANTAGE: More expensive

Bigger Venue

ADVANTAGES:More ambiance, less expensive.

DISADVANTAGES: Might be further from the artists, more crowd noise.

Eric Romano

MYGNR.COM Forum

I would rater see them in a stadium,  especially if it's general admission.  It's not hard to get the front,  you can if you really want too, and the whole atmosphere of the crowd adds to it.

Definitely the smaller venue .. Much more intimate. I want to see the guys "up close and personal," their expressions, and reactions to the fans. As for the higher prices, that's a good thing .. keeps out the riffraff and ensures only real GNR fans are there. Nothing is worse than going to a concert and standing next to someone who doesn't know the music and isn't into the show.

That's right. I also prefer small venues, more closeness, more intimacy, just real fans like me, no strangers (those who heard one or two songs on the radio and say ¨i'll go to the fckin concert). The atmosphere is completely different, and there would be less commercial interests...

I still thing the bigger places.  You still could get in front if it was G.A.,  and there's more of a stage and more of a show.  I saw them in Vegas, and it was the greatest thing ever,  but i could only imagine what Rio would have been like to be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well either way i would go i have seen many gnr concerts through mtv, ppv, etc and i know it has to be an excellent rush for the band when they are at a huge stadium full of fans i imagine or try to like in estranged video when he holds the mic stand over his head looking out at the crowd what a rush it is for him to see that compared to years ago when it was a quarter of that. I would go to big show just to go but would want to be no further back at maximium of half way. I would love to see a small venue like in the beggining like at the ritz i watch that concert weekly close in better quaility and sounding i think rather than at the back of a stadium were only what you see is heads and have to watch a t.v screen to see whats happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...