Metallica

criticalsolution04

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Metallica from The Black album to before. I think now they aren' very good and I don't really like St. Anger at all. But I saw them in concert a couple years ago and they still kick ass. I think in the end Metallicas awesome and they are one of my favorite bands.

Metallica kick fucking arse.

How the fuck can you call them overrated!!

They spent a WHOLE DECADE underground!!

They earnt their fame more than anyone else, in the 80's they were keeping it real, rock had died and become a parody. 'Tallica were the ones leading a rebellion against pop/glam/rock they didn't care for imgae they just belted out fucking awesome loud Metal.

Metallica kick serious ass, nuff said.

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are some of the greatest albums ever.

They earnt their fame more than anyone else, in the 80's they were keeping it real, rock had died and become a parody.  'Tallica were the ones leading a rebellion against pop/glam/rock they didn't care for imgae they just belted out fucking awesome loud Metal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My hooray for tolerance&#33;h :)

Edited by Ultimate Riff

METALLICA KICKS MAJOR ASS

A lot of bands could learn something from them. Through all the years they had a lot of bad times but they still keep going on. In 1986 the great Cliff Burton died because of a accident with the tour bus. Couple of months later Cliff has been replaced by Jason Newsted. For years some band members have a serious alcohol problem. That's why they called them Alcoholica. In january 2001 Jason decided to leave the band. He leaves the band right before they wanted to start making St-Anger. During the St-Anger sessions James Hetfield leaves the band for 1 year so he could rehab of his alcohol problem. When James is back in the band they start the search for a new bassplayer. Robert Trujillo is gonna be Metallica's 4th bassplayer. How many bands will be going on when they have the same problems as Metallica? Now,my favourite album is And justice for all. Just because of the kick ass guitar riffs,the lyrics and so on. For those guy's who hate St- Anger. It's not Metallica's greatest album but it has some great songs. All whitin' my hands,The unnamed feeling,Purify, Shoot me again. To name a few. So next time you wanna say that Metallica sucks just listen to more than 1 song and learn a bit of the history of the band.

they rock,but compering them with GnR or Iron Maiden,c'mon,no way,IM and GNR are to good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, i like Iron Maiden more.

But really Metallica are much more famous band than both Gn'R and Maiden.

Metallica were/are easily the biggest band of the 90's/00's.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
they rock,but compering them with GnR or Iron Maiden,c'mon,no way,IM and GNR are to good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, i like Iron Maiden more.

But really Metallica are much more famous band than both Gn'R and Maiden.

Metallica were/are easily the biggest band of the 90's/00's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peppers?

They earnt their fame more than anyone else, in the 80's they were keeping it real, rock had died and become a parody.  'Tallica were the ones leading a rebellion against pop/glam/rock they didn't care for imgae they just belted out fucking awesome loud Metal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My hooray for tolerance&#33;h :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Metallica kick ass and I :wub: your sig! Metalllica rocks!

I love Metallica, they're in my top 4 bands. Ride the Lightning is good, Master of Puppets is awesome, Justice is very good, Black Album is very good, and I don't understand why people don't like Load. Sure, it has a few bad songs on it, but the songs on that album that are good, IMO, are amazing. And, St.Anger, I used to dread it, but after a few dozen listens to it, I think it's pretty cool. And, I saw them live opening for the Stones, and they were great.

Early Metallica, especially And Justice and before is some amazing stuff. I think their peak was Master of Puppets (as a lot of people would say, vocal wise, riff wise, etc). I like Ride the Lightning just as much though, the raw power behind it, and it has one of the greatest instrumentals ever, The Call of the Ktulu. ...AJFA is a big step in the right direction for Metallica (especially after losing Cliff), but The Black Album took that unnessecary extra step, although it is a pretty good album.

Load and Reload have some decent songs on them, but some of the songs on them are terribly boring. St. Ager is different,(and overall a sub par album) but I do like some of the songs, Dirty Window is a pretty good song, along with Some Kind of Monster, but it's nowhere near AJFA and earlier. You also have to take into consideration that if St. Anger wasn't put out by Metallica people wouldn't be going on about how bad it is. If it was put out by another younger band then it would be completely acceptable. According to Kirk, the next album will be more of an old style metallica album. The biggest difference will be the guitar solos (YES, they are bring them back) he said that they would be a more melodic bluesy style rather than the shred/thrash solos like on earlier Metallica album. There is still hope.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

G N' R to good? Guns N Roses made 3 great albums. Appetite and both the Illusion albums. Why did G N' R released Lies when they had so much great songs at that moment to make a great album? Listen to the Rumbo tapes or The story vol.1 bootleg and you know which great songs G N' R recorded during the Appetite sessions. You could be mine was also recorded during these sessions. And what has G N' R proved in the last 10 years? Simply nothing. Guns N' Roses was-in my oppinion- a great band between 1986 and 1991. But after 1991 there was -again in my oppinion- only 1 thing important. Mony. Ever tought of it why they did 3 different tours in 2,5 years? Get in the ring,Get in the ring pt.II and the Skin and bones tour. 3 different tours to promote 2 albums. In 1993 fans in North America where tired of seeing them again for the 3th time so most of the shows din't get sold out. If Axl wanted to be a great rockstar again he first has to find a great band without all the extra musicians and then made and release a great killer album. Something between Appetite and Illusions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

G N' R to good? Guns N Roses made 3 great albums. Appetite and both the Illusion albums. Why did G N' R released Lies when they had so much great songs at that moment to make a great album? Listen to the Rumbo tapes or The story vol.1 bootleg and you know which great songs G N' R recorded during the Appetite sessions. You could be mine was also recorded during these sessions. And what has G N' R proved in the last 10 years? Simply nothing. Guns N' Roses was-in my oppinion- a great band between 1986 and 1991. But after 1991 there was -again in my oppinion- only 1 thing important. Mony. Ever tought of it why they did 3 different tours in 2,5 years? Get in the ring,Get in the ring pt.II and the Skin and bones tour. 3 different tours to promote 2 albums. In 1993 fans in North America where tired of seeing them again for the 3th time so most of the shows din't get sold out. If Axl wanted to be a great rockstar again he first has to find a great band without all the extra musicians and then made and release a great killer album. Something between Appetite and Illusions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason they quit touring after 2 and half years is because well damn thats a long ass time, thye might have needed a little bit of rest, don't ya think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason they quit touring after 2 and half years is because well damn thats a long ass time, thye might have needed a little bit of rest, don't ya think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why didn't they stop touring after 2 years,take 6 months off and made a new album? The fans would appreciate that more instead of seeing them again for the 3th time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why didn't they stop touring after 2 years,take 6 months off and made a new album? The fans would appreciate that more instead of seeing them again for the 3th time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt any fan would say, "damn, I loved seeing guns n roses twice, I don't wanna see them one more time" thats just fucking stupid. You're on a site dedicated to GNR, remember? Who here wouldn't wanna see them 3 times instead of 2?

Edited by criticalsolution04

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt any fan would say, "damn, I loved seeing guns n roses twice, I don't wanna see them one more time" thats just fucking stupid. You're on a site dedicated to GNR, remember? Who here wouldn't wanna see them 3 times instead of 2?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say thank you but no. I saw them in 1993. That was a cool show. Different than the shows they did in 1992. Personaly i don't like the 1992 shows. All those extra musicians and backingvocals and stuff. That had nothing to do with the original G N'R. That year they overclass themself. No,they better kept the line up that they had in 1991.That year-1991-G N' R did some killer shows. That was the come back but they ruined it in 1992.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say thank you but no. I saw them in 1993. That was a cool show. Different than the shows they did in 1992. Personaly i don't like the 1992 shows. All those extra musicians and backingvocals and stuff. That had nothing to do with the original G N'R. That year they overclass themself. No,they better kept the line up that they had in 1991.That year-1991-G N' R did some killer shows. That was the come back but they ruined it in 1992.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But can you really blame the extra musicians and extra crap on GNR as a whole? According to the rest of the band, they had signed over the name of GNR to Axl, so wasn't it basically Axl's way or the highway? The rest of the band were just tryin' to keep the show goin' and play Rock N Roll for the fans.

G N' R don't needed those extra musicians to play rock and roll for the fans.Just look what they did between 1986 and 1991. That was rock3 . In 1992 everything was just to big,even their ego's.Don't get me wrong,i'm a big G N' R fan. But what they did in 1992 was wrong and they lost a lot of fans that year. A G N' R fan goes to their shows to see and hear rock. Not to hear 3 different backingvocals,hornsections,2nd keyboardplayer,regeaversions,... The 1993 shows where -in my oppinion- a try to get close again but it was to late. And it was not Axl's idea to get those extra musicians. That was a idea from Slash.

Edited by droezle