Robert Plant's Singing

his voice is very clean i think...until he uses a lot of falsetto when he screams mixed with his natural voice and that's the only way he hits those C's and D's so semi-cleanly. Anyone who has a falsetto can hit the notes...but not with the ease of shift from natural voice and mix incorporated (partly done through through the energy of the scream)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not trying to be a knowitall buddy, but you're wrong.... :kiss:

Plant can hit High C and D with a full clean voice. or COULD. :)

he DEFINATLY has the range to it... and he wasn't a bullshit singer.

the screams were headvoice, not falsetto. he used falsetto, yes. But he didn't need em for his screams. to achieve the scream just go to the top of your head voice and pull air from ur lungs. yeahyeah, it's not the correct way to do it... but when is what correct in singing. :) I can assure you that NONE of the best singers in the world sing "correctly" ;)

now, Axl's performance on the last chorus of Rocket Queen. THAT mix of falsetto and headvoice is impressive. he has the mix down tight as hell there..

don't shoot me, I might be wrong... but it sounds like he touches the falsetto sometimes :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ehhh....i was half right...at least i think...there was a deal of mixing with falsetto/full head voice in songs like whole lotta love or heartbreaker when it rides on the A's...in the outro of stairway he's using a lot of mixing falsetto especially when he goes up to the E's...i always thought of falsetto as going to the top of the head voice in a way...eh...later in his career like in the song remains the same he used a great deal of falsetto and almost no mixing with full voice...that was of course after he had surgery on his vocal chords for screams that you were talking about...

his voice is very clean i think...until he uses a lot of falsetto when he screams mixed with his natural voice and that's the only way he hits those C's and D's so semi-cleanly. Anyone who has a falsetto can hit the notes...but not with the ease of shift from natural voice and mix incorporated (partly done through through the energy of the scream)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the screams were headvoice, not falsetto. he used falsetto, yes. But he didn't need em for his screams. to achieve the scream just go to the top of your head voice and pull air from ur lungs. yeahyeah, it's not the correct way to do it... but when is what correct in singing. :) I can assure you that NONE of the best singers in the world sing "correctly" ;)

now, Axl's performance on the last chorus of Rocket Queen. THAT mix of falsetto and headvoice is impressive. he has the mix down tight as hell there..

don't shoot me, I might be wrong... but it sounds like he touches the falsetto sometimes :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ehhh....i was half right...at least i think...there was a deal of mixing with falsetto/full head voice in songs like whole lotta love or heartbreaker when it rides on the A's...in the outro of stairway he's using a lot of mixing falsetto especially when he goes up to the E's...i always thought of falsetto as going to the top of the head voice in a way...eh...later in his career like in the song remains the same he used a great deal of falsetto and almost no mixing with full voice...that was of course after he had surgery on his vocal chords for screams that you were talking about...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're absolutely right.. I never took the real singing part into account. Sorry!! :)

but yeah... for a lot of songs he did mix it well. as for the screams, they were just pure screams. :) but he sure does have an impressive mix...

or had....

I know Axl never used alot of falsetto/head mix... but he did sometimes and it was pretty smooth I must say. except for a line or two in patience. :

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're absolutely right.. I never took the real singing part into account. Sorry!! :)

but yeah... for a lot of songs he did mix it well. as for the screams, they were just pure screams. :) but he sure does have an impressive mix...

or had....

I know Axl never used alot of falsetto/head mix... but he did sometimes and it was pretty smooth I must say. except for a line or two in patience. :

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

axl did a lot more in the early days around appetite and before

sweet child has a good mix riding on the Ab

i think he shoulda mixed it more for the november rain recording and it woulda came out cleaner for the Ab's and stuff

wow, u guys know a lot about vocals......... its interesting what you guys have posted because i want to get into singing, but im a real shit singer........... im more of a keyboard and guitar player............ but anyways, my new years resolution is to become a half decent singer by the end of '06, so ive started practicing, but i have no idea were to start................ teddy07 and Crash Diet, you guys have put out very useful information, and im sure ill be using it alot in the next couple of years................ looking forward to the rest of this topic.............

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO ONE IS A SHIT SINGER!!!!

the best way to learn singing IMO is to sing acapella. sing without instruments.

Then you really have to to focus on your pitch, tone and level...

just remember to work on your low end first. Get down the breathing and stumach support.

your stumach helps the chest voice. DO NOT fill ur lungs with air, fill the area under ur lungs with air and support it with ur stumach muscles.

then, nr.2 don´t force air out, hold it back until you get long and clear tones. dn´t try the rasp yet. or force singing. then practice head voice, sing from the top of your chest without any support from the stummy. just put ur hand on the upper part of the chest, sing until the vibrations stop. when they stop you are singing head voice. be carefull not to blow ur voice.

that´s just the start..

wow, u guys know a lot about vocals......... its interesting what you guys have posted because i want to get into singing, but im a real shit singer........... im more of a keyboard and guitar player............ but anyways, my new years resolution is to become a half decent singer by the end of '06, so ive started practicing, but i have no idea were to start................ teddy07 and Crash Diet, you guys have put out very useful information, and im sure ill be using it alot in the next couple of years................ looking forward to the rest of this topic.............

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the best way to learn singing IMO is to sing acapella. sing without instruments.

just remember to work on your low end first. Get down the breathing and stumach support.

your stumach helps the chest voice. DO NOT fill ur lungs with air, fill the area under ur lungs with air and support it with ur stumach muscles.

then, nr.2 don´t force air out, hold it back until you get long and clear tones. dn´t try the rasp yet. or force singing. then practice head voice, sing from the top of your chest without any support from the stummy. just put ur hand on the upper part of the chest, sing until the vibrations stop. when they stop you are singing head voice. be carefull not to blow ur voice.

that´s just the start..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah...its the worst during christmas time...all these fucking choirs playing gigs all over the place...killin me voice <_<

you sound a lot like my vocal trainer teddy... :D

he's first a tuba player and second a singer so he's an expert at the breathing support system in the body

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that´s just the start..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah...its the worst during christmas time...all these fucking choirs playing gigs all over the place...killin me voice <_<

he's first a tuba player and second a singer so he's an expert at the breathing support system in the body

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now that´s scary!! I never took oh so many lessons. I just learned it my own way... kept a diary and wrote down shit... what worked and not :)

if you chew alot of black pastills it helps too :P

But yeah, I´ve read alot... :) and your mind is your voice!! and just pratice sanely! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that´s just the start..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now that´s scary!! I never took oh so many lessons. I just learned it my own way... kept a diary and wrote down shit... what worked and not :)

if you chew alot of black pastills it helps too :P

But yeah, I´ve read alot... :) and your mind is your voice!! and just pratice sanely! ;)

yeah i tried learning it my own way and got shot down by a recording demo guy and that's when i decided to take lessons as a xmas present from the rents...i've only gone to 2 so far but i just got back from the recording demo guy for a second time around and i have a session sometime next wee :xmasssanta: