Neil Young vs Bob Dylan

Painkiller545

Who is a better song writer?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Null vote, I don't know Neil Young.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check him out like I told you to!!! :)

My vote goes to Dylan. I'm a big fan of both. Dylan is the better songwriter (although Young is definitely in my top-five), and more influential. You can say Neil Young is a better musician.

Also, some of you morons actually have to choose between two good musicians. No more voting Motley Crue over Johnny Cash for you idiots in this poll.

Bob Dylan! Neil young is okay, i only like his guitar playing though, his music is not for me though. I know someone who really loves neil young though :)

PP

edit: sorry i said though too much :P

Edited by PULPY

Also, some of you morons actually have to choose between two good musicians.  No more voting Motley Crue over Johnny Cash for you idiots in this poll.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Motley Crue isnt really that good. they seem to be an over egxadurated Drag queen band.

PCE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, that's why I insulted them.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Bobby was more important in terms of influence and the scope of his work and all that jazz, but Neil is my favorite solo artist of all time, I just have this very personal connection to his music. So I vote Neil. I might as well post this little piece I wrote about the 2 recently.

If Dylan is a nomadic painter whose canvases are detached reflections of his travels, then Young is a solitary, stationary man who scrawls his tribulations beside an oil lamp when the day is through.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Also, some of you morons actually have to choose between two good musicians.  No more voting Motley Crue over Johnny Cash for you idiots in this poll.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Motley Crue isnt really that good. they seem to be an over egxadurated Drag queen band.

PCE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, that's why I insulted them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol

Neil Young creams Dylan for me.

Bob may be influential and thats all well and good, but i really don't think that his music was that good. And you can barely understand what the fuck hes saying.

Neil on the other hand writes kick ass music, both rockers and ballads and in my opinion is also very influential.

So Keep On Rockin' In The World!! :D

Neil Young creams Dylan for me.

Bob may be influential and thats all well and good, but i really don't think that his music was that good. And you can barely understand what the ---- hes saying.

Neil on the other hand writes kick ass music, both rockers and ballads and in my opinion is also very influential.

So Keep On Rockin' In The World!! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In his music? I can understand every word that Dylan has ever said in a song. He's a lot clearer in his music than most musicians. In interviews? Yeah, his words are a bit stumbled. But that doesn't really affect his legacy at all.

Neil young is a "Guitar" hero. He plays his heart and his mind out on guitar. His songs are full of emotion, and have a true meaning to it. most of his songs are all about whats wrong with the world today. Others are just cool stories to listen to. He tends to have a depressing point of veiw with them. His songs are just amazing

Bob Dylan is a master at song writings. He sings songs that make you feel good, and sometimes make you feel bad. He likes to have a more "up-beat" rythem to his songs. His songs are all about freedom and peace. He has the occasional depressing song, but they are really good.

The final thought is, these guys will smash you on guitar. They may not have that "Hot Face", but hey, you dont need to be sexy to be sucessful in the music industry. These guys are just amazing though. You have to agree on that.

Anyways, with that final thought, Comence your voting, and your thoughts on either, but keep in mind, THEY ARE NOT MOTLEY CRUE!!! :anger::anger::anger: these guys acctually have meaning to their songs. not like some drag queen band... <_<

I dont own any albums by these 2 Im afraid to say, I did have dylans greatest hits but it got lent out and i havnt seen it since :anger:  I think blood on the tracks is gonna be the next album i get, any recomendations for buying a neil young album?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bob Dylan:

The Essential (much better than Greatest Hits)

Anything released in the '60s will be good, especially Blonde on Blonde and Highway 61 Revisited.

Neil Young:

Greatest Hits (good to start with)

After the Harvest

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I dont own any albums by these 2 Im afraid to say, I did have dylans greatest hits but it got lent out and i havnt seen it since :anger:  I think blood on the tracks is gonna be the next album i get, any recomendations for buying a neil young album?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bob Dylan:

Anything released in the '60s will be good, especially Blonde on Blonde and Highway 61 Revisited.

Neil Young:

After the Harvest

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After the Harvest? There's no such album. There's "Harvest" and "After the Gold Rush".

As much as I like Neil Young, im going to have to say Bob Dylan. Although both made amazing music and wrote incredible lyrics, I give Dylan the edge because his music had more of an impact on his generation then Neils did. I also consider Bob the better lyricist.

as far as albums go

Neil Young:

Harvest

After the Gold Rush

Live Rust

This is Nowhere

Bob Dylan:

Highwhay 61 Revisited

Blood on the Tracks

Desire

Live at Budokan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bob Dylan:

Neil Young:

After the Harvest

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After the Harvest? There's no such album. There's "Harvest" and "After the Gold Rush".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I accidentally combined them. I was too tired to think coherently yesterday.