Kerrang! Reader's Poll

saulh

those of you who are aware of Kerrang! magazine (fuck the tv channel its crap... son of dork like!) may know that there was a poll conducted in recent issues. i want YOUR OPINIONS because i am sick and tired of having to read stupid polls in magazines that are dominated by adolescent mainly females who think Billie Joe is God. NOW GO FORTH AND SPEAK YOUR MINDS!

P.S. Greenday (although they got best band) also got voted third worst band of 2005... those about to rock i salute you.

I made the mistake of buying Kerrang once for the Axl cover, and it had about one puny paragraph on GN'R. It's just full of bands like Greenday or My Chemical Romance.

It's such a boring and pointless magazine. But then again I suppose it has its fans amongst 12-year olds.

Do you know why the target audience is 12 year olds? It's because that's where it sells the most. They're not going to create a magazine for a minority of people who like a certain genre.

See these magazines only care about the up and coming bands that are popular among the target audience. Not has-beens.

Do you know why the target audience is 12 year olds? It's because that's where it sells the most. They're not going to create a magazine for a minority of people who like a certain genre.

See these magazines only care about the up and coming bands that are popular among the target audience. Not has-beens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. That's the target audience so it caters for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. That's the target audience so it caters for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just don't know why people are so surprised by the fact that magazines aim at a certain audience.

Kerrang's always been aiming at the mainstream rock scene, yet everyone's angry because they aim the mag at it.

Edited by Genesis

I just don't know why people are so surprised by the fact that magazines aim at a certain audience.

Kerrang's always been aiming at the mainstream rock scene, yet everyone's angry because they aim the mag at it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe it's because Kerrang tries to give the impression that it's an "alternative" magazine when it covers mainstream bands. I don't really know. It doesn't make me angry. It's just bad.

It's a decent magazine. It covers everything from hair metal to punk to Nowegian Black Metal, which is pretty much the region where most of the music I listen to comes from. And if you think about the fact that it's weekly, it goes into a lot of depth.

Greenday are a great band and deserve all the success they've had. My Chemical Valentine (or whatever) suck. But Kudos to Kerrang for trying to generate interest in new bands. Yes, it has a large fan base, but popularity doesn't make it suck. It does mean that they are actually able to get interviews and features on bands that people care about.

I've really never seen any other rock magazine that is noticeably better in some way. Unless you're suggesting that everyone should read underground fanzines, written by braindead metalheads, about music that you can't buy or download anywhere.

Why are people complaining about what it covers? If you don't want to read about Jessica Simpson, don't read Us Weekly. If you don't want to hear about Steve Nash, don't buy Sport Illustrated. If you don't want to read whatever it is this magazine covers, don't waste money on it.

sure they cover aspects of music that other magazines may shy away from... ok respect is due. however you don't see norwegian death metal videos on the channel... what you do see is the same greenday, son of dork videos too often to stomach. and they do lick former busted's arses :anger: