Who the fuck is sick of today's music scene?

xwf2k2

I was just watching MTV and Simple plan's song "don;t wanna think about you" came on and man, that just sucks! First of all it sounds like their addicted song and I saw their guitarist playings like some three note riff with water splashing over his fret board. Man I just thought of how in Estranged, the sea waves fall over the nicely played solo and then I see this crappy boy band jumping with guitars in their little puddle of water!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching MTV and Simple plan's song "don;t wanna think about you" came on and man, that just sucks! First of all it sounds like their addicted song and I saw their guitarist playings like some three note riff with water splashing over his fret board. Man I just thought of how in Estranged, the sea waves fall over the nicely played solo and then I see this crappy boy band jumping with guitars in their little puddle of water!

I watch the rock countdowns all the time, the new leader of the dailyrock countdown is the Beastie boys.. They sound rapin this video..

New found glory is onevery day, hoobastanks, linkin park, yellowcards, modest mouse... Fucking music sucks..

If something big was ever needed it's definetly NOW

Siimple plan for simple people aka today's music audience..They have a thing to win a day with simple plan.. I wouldn't want to win..I'dgo there just to tellt hem they suck

Edited by mikegiuliana

What I don't understand is those nu-metal guitarists showing up on TV and in magazines talking like theyre actually doing something with the guitar. WTF man? Youre just playing powerchords. It doesnt matter what you fucking use, theyre just fucking powerchords and no one cares about ur equipment or what it sounds like cuz ur basically doing shit-all.

Another thing that kinda ticks me off are rock radio DJs talking like these bands are actually worth being excited about. Its like, "Guys, we just got the new Nickelback single and its AMAZING." Shuddup, no its not. I understand you need to give youre listeners a reason to listen, but the crap thats on these days is so pathetic and it doesnt help that u give it false praise.

What I don't understand is those nu-metal guitarists showing up on TV and in magazines talking like theyre actually doing something with the guitar. WTF man? Youre just playing powerchords. It doesnt matter what you fucking use, theyre just fucking powerchords and no one cares about ur equipment or what it sounds like cuz ur basically doing shit-all.

Another thing that kinda ticks me off are rock radio DJs talking like these bands are actually worth being excited about. Its like, "Guys, we just got the new Nickelback single and its AMAZING." Shuddup, no its not. I understand you need to give youre listeners a reason to listen, but the crap thats on these days is so pathetic and it doesnt help that u give it false praise.

hell yeh,it sucks today....well most bands do. not that i know a lot about them,but one thing i was impressed with when i saw the darkness was that they could actually play some mean guitar.

i mean bands today, their guitarists just stand their strumming away the kind of crap you could learn in a week...there's no personal style, nothing to look up to, and the songs are just repeating chords and whatever, no great rock solo or intros or outros worth the light of day, yet they claim to be "rock n roll bands".

its a shame that this generation right now isnt one of rock guitarists and they seem to be a dying breed....if you listen to someone like Slash then your just blown away,i mean its times like this you appreciate GNR - and i hate to go on about the past :rolleyes: but i doubt they'll be another band that had everything GNR had going for them B)

I think white people recieve just too much encouragement and self confidence. Black people are now learning to take their time too...ummm maybe just too fast.

In the music world, a lot of artist diss each other especially Rap, not knowing that they are the same bunch of loosers.

over 1 year later and the music seen is still awfull

nah its not you just gotta find the raisins in a half-burned cake

It definetly depends on the way you look at it.. People say mtv is this n that, but when I was growing up I could watch an entire rock countdown and like every band.. I don't like one today..

I've already got so many groups I like, if good music doesn't find me I'm not looking.. Something for me that I'm not as anxious to find music as I was during my school years.. This is one reason I listen to classic rock stations, n most of my albums are from 1994 back..

• 2 weeks later...

Before I started to listen to Guns N' Roses, a few weeks ago, I could listen to whatever shit you can mention, pop, rap all shit. 50 Pimps, Madonna, Nirvana. But since I started listening to the non-radiohits from Guns N' Roses for the first time everything has become like a mist where I listen to Guns N' Roses 24/7. I can´t even listen to anything else for 10 seconds. Really, now that I have listened to GNR everything else feel so amateur, so worthless, so pointless that I can´t listen to it.

Edited by Roses eats Lions

Guest Conga Fissure

The music isn't that bad. You've got Velvet Revolver, Jet, Dream Theater and new albums from Motorhead and Megadeth are coming out this year.

I listen to:

GnR

Motorhead

Metallica (pre 'black' album)

Megadeth

Queensryche

Dream Theater

Velvet Revolver

AC/DC

Slash's Snakepit

Fozzy (found out about the band from pro wrestling, releasing new album soon)

Jet (some)

Evanescense (some)

Van Halen

New rock hasn't really caught my interest. It's okay (the FUSE network is my saving grace). But nothing like GnR and the 80s metal days (sighs). If any trends need to come back, it's metal that isn't 'death' style (with the weird deep voice you can't understand.).

Oh yeah, I forgot the incredibly suuck-shit synthesizer can't-play-guitar-solos rap/rock hybrid shit ball Linkin Park. And you know what's even more interesting about this shit band? They mocked "Sweet Child O' Mine". Oh yes, look for it under some p2p software. I thought it was a joke when I saw the file. They were playing it live and attempt to play the opening riff. Then their lead 'singer' starts trying to sound like Axl and even sings a few lines ('singer' is in parenthesis because he can't sing.). After a minute, the singer says something to the extent of "enough of this crap, let's rooooooooock!". Oh yeah baby! Mellow dramatic teenybopper "I'm gonna fight the system"-themed synthesized shit music that makes Blink 182 look like the Rolling Stones. Goddamn! I retract my statement of "It's (referring to the current music) okay." Because it's not okay. When you have a popular band that can't play worth shit that has the audassity to mock a good song by a good band....we've got a problem.

Oh, and I hate Trapt, Slipknot (a joke of a metal band) and Korn.

Edited by livinloud87

• 1 month later...

The UK music scene has declined to the point that it now must be considered one of the shittest in the World. We got Busted, McFly, Blue, Girls Aloud, Westlife, and any other shite bands that make it in the charts such as this week we have dogs die in hot cars :laugh: (the worst band name i've ever heard) and girls of FHM :shocked: ...... the list goes on :rolleyes::fuckyou:

This is a rant on today's music now adays. Who else is sick of this bullshit they call music? I won't even get started with pop culture, but what is considered "rock" now adays is an absolute travesty. You got all these Flash in the pan, flavor of the month, sell outs to pop rock. And then you got these shitty "heavy metal" bands. Crappy bands like Incubus, Korn, Slipknot,  Good Charlotte, Taproot, Chevelle, Saliva, 3 Doors Down.... etc. No one's gonna give a fuck about these bands in 5-10 years. It's time for a revolution. For fans like us, things are looking good for this year. With the new GNR album hopefully coming out, a Metallica album coming out, and all the old GNR member's band most likely releasing something, hopefully this will be the start of revitalizing rock n' roll, and good music.

i agree with everything you said except for the Metallica comment. St. Anger sucked and they lost it ever since they went mainstream. unlike Dave Mustaine, Jaymes needs a little incentive in order to make good music (alcohol) where as Dave Mustaine didnt need any drugs in order to write and compose great music (he still does solo's at least). sorry, but thats my opinion.

But even so, the greatest of all Megadeth songs were created while Dave was still on heroin.

Recently I went to a Battle of the Bands thing. Just to listen to some local talent, you know. See if it was any good.

Damn...

It was the most God-awful thing I ever heard. I hadnt realized how many idiots looked up to Simple Plan and Good Charlotte (Or however thats spelled.) After the Battle of the Bands thing, I immediatly started a band and were playing our first gig on the 23rd. We have some great tunes in it too. Including Knockin' on Heaven's Doors (GnR version).

But yes, i'm dissapointed with where music went. The worst thing that happened to it is Rap. Or as I reffer to it as... Shit...

Theres a bit of new music that isnt complete crap though. I found the CD Los Lonely Boys to be well worth its money.

Who knows, maybe music will change with all the new stuff coming out. I mean, GnR is making (well... making for 10 years) a new album, Los Lonely Boys is pretty good music (If you like thier light sound, its not as heavy as most GnR songs), and Roger Waters is releasing a new album in 2005. Even though most of his solo music sucks...

But I highly doubt anything will change.... No matter how much we wish for it...

(By the way, new forum member, old GnR fan.)

Edited by canadiantrnt

We should all migrate to Linking Park fansite and bash them there at their own forum...Some one also find all the most popular forums for the following bands:

Simple Plan

Good Charlotte

Story of the Year

Smile Empty Soul

Hoobastank

Blink 182

Sum 41

The more band names I write, the more I get damn pissed off...I'd better stop here!