Who the fuck is sick of today's music scene?

xwf2k2

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these are the bands i like at the moment: The Murderdolls, Stone Sour, INME, HIM, Adema, SOAD, The Darkness, Soil, Saliva, The White Stripes, The Hellacopters, Less than Jake, Marilyn Manson, Incubus, Taproot, Godsmack, Evanesence, Placebo i can't remember anymore

Godsmack is cool, the Stripes, Deftones, Evanescence is cool right about when Amy stops singing, and the rap crap comes in and fucks it up. White guys shouldn't be rapping. Incubus is cool too, but when they put a DJ set it ruines it. Whats with all that turntable scratch.

The Donnas are OK,so far....let me keep listening to the rest of the album. Kinda throw back.

I don't like Evanescence or The Donnas...

Although, I quote; (Teen People Magazine)...

"You Could Be Mine, Guns N' Roses, is something that we grew up with and loved..."---Mary...

That I respect/// 8)

Emo can suck my F*ckin' dick , it's by far the worst crap out there and well it's image is just so forced , c'mon they don't really believe they are punk , The only new band that I seem to be able to get into is Audioslave , but even they got an old band's lead singer and that band was cool ! , I am also in the majority here Nu-metal blows especially that lame ass Creed .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Emo can suck my F*ckin' dick , it's by far the worst crap out there and well it's image is just so forced , c'mon they don't really believe they are punk , The only new band that I seem to be able to get into is Audioslave , but even they got an old band's lead singer and that band was cool ! , I am also in the majority here Nu-metal blows especially that lame ass Creed .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

cwm27.gif That's so true...and funny too...

what i hate most about todays music, there are fuckin tv shows that if u win ur in the biz, i mean it makes musicans like axl and slash, perry and tyler, jagger and richards, and count less others like look like nothing,

people should be thanking these guys for what they gave us, instead of listening to the other shit!

these are some of the bands that are currently goin that i am listening to?

coldplay

u2

pearl jam

zwan

audioslave

white stripes

r.e.m

radiohead

darkness

black crowes

counting crows

kings of leon

i could name a few more but the thing is that most of the bands that i'm listening to that are still going have been around for ages as have many of the bands in that list. i guess that speeaks volumes for much of today's music.

• 2 weeks later...
what i hate most about todays music, there are fuckin tv shows that if u win ur in the biz, i mean it makes musicans like axl and slash, perry and tyler, jagger and richards, and count less others like look like nothing,

people should be thanking these guys for what they gave us, instead of listening to the other shit!

agreed

• 2 weeks later...
There is no such thing as a good new band.  All new bands suck.  Like Puddle of Mudd, all kinds of bands that sound like them.  The only good new music is from old bands.

there are one or two good new bands:

white stripes

kings of leon

the darkness

Audioslave

Radiohead (the only group better than G n' R)

The White Stripes

Coldplay

Beck

U2

There's many more. The only difference with today's music scene, is you have to search for alot the good ones.

I mean, I never see Hail to the Thief being advertised, yet it is easily the best album of the year, so far.

Maybe what's wrong with today's music scene is promotion. Who's being played and who's not.

But good bands haven't gone anywhere.

Audioslave

Radiohead (the only group better than G n' R)

The White Stripes

Coldplay

Beck

U2

There's many more. The only difference with today's music scene, is you have to search for alot the good ones.

I mean, I never see Hail to the Thief being advertised, yet it is easily the best album of the year, so far.

Maybe what's wrong with today's music scene is promotion. Who's being played and who's not.

But good bands haven't gone anywhere.

radiohead arent that new. theyve been around for a decade now.

U2 several decades

but i agree, there are still good bands around.

Radiohead is quite creative and unique They really are different from other bands out there and deserve the credit they get very much , but they aren't for me , I just find them a bit .. boring , sorry  :-/

Peace GnR Nation  8)

The "music scene" really sucks these days. The only stuff that really interests me of the bands that are around today are (besides GNR and ex-GNR bands n projects) Danzig, SxTx, White Stripes, White/Rob Zombie, Manson, and of course: Metallica. Their new album is great. Concerning Danzig and SxTx, they may not surface (anymore) in popular music scenes, but they are freakin' legendary. Just ignore Mtv, thats my advice for everyone tired of the "rock scene" today.  

(yeah i'm only 13 years old but i know what i'm talking about)

Bands like Korn, Britney Spears, Eminem and stuff..thats what they call music.. You know a lot of people thinks thaat the leadguitarist from Sum41 is the best guitarist ever, and thats because they don't know Slash (and other leadsguitarist).

Korn is so fuckin bad you know..and the guy got a voice that sounds like shit.. He can't even sing...scream

yeah i agree...

(yeah i'm only 13 years old but i know what i'm talking about)

Bands like Korn, Britney Spears, Eminem and stuff..thats what they call music.. You know a lot of people thinks thaat the leadguitarist from Sum41 is the best guitarist ever, and thats because they don't know Slash (and other leadsguitarist).

Korn is so fuckin bad you know..and the guy got a voice that sounds like shit.. He can't even sing...scream

yeah i agree...

I must say I like some of the atmospheres and melodies Korn has in their songs but I would never buy any album of theirs. Eminem is living Axl's life and dont get me started on ex-Mouseketeers. Lead guitarplayers like Slash, Buckethead, Rocky George, Noel Gallager, Rory Gallagher (not related as far as I know), John Christ, Brian May, the list can go on for god knows how long...  But still, unfortunately it changes squat about today's "music scene". Just ignore Mtv and you'll be fine. We can all start watching Mtv again when GNR releases an album. And only God knows when that'll be.

• 6 months later...

Yes I agree that music scene these days suck so badly. If you look at most music these days its like all sex, gangs and wannbe's. I hate bands like Smile Empty Soul who sings "I do it for the drugs" and Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, The All American Rejects, Hillary Duff. You can really see all those boys in their videos playing expensive guitars and jumping around trying to look like rock but all they're playing are power chords. You know basically two or three strings per chord and some distortion. Any middle school kids can play those type of song!

A lot of college students especially US citizens also listen to stuff like Dave Mathew's band, Moe etc etc but they just pretent to be good too. I have a lot of

American friends who say that 80's music and the hair bands was the worst era of music but if you look at it properly its the 80's music that have lasted for years and still kick ass. I play the electric guitar and I know who is good and who is bad.

I know how good I am and where my AMerican friends measure at. I can play any today's popular music by listening just once like Good charlotte, Green Day and shit! (which I avoid)My american friends that play guitar own like 2-4 guitars like les paul which costs about $2000 etc and they suck at guitar. ITs just the distortion and the power chord that makes them sound good and makes chicks jump for them but honestly even those clueless chicks can play powerchords with dist and sound cool their first try can't they? yet they think they are damn good!(by the way no pun intended)