I tunes

kevin

Well.. for xmas my uncle and aunt gave me an i pod nano, and i was all excited.. i go to install the software on my comp.. it says my windows is too old, and i need 2000 or xp. Do I have to change the OS on my computer to run itunes? Or is there a way to do it with windows 98?

Thanks much!!

Well.. for xmas my uncle and aunt gave me an i pod nano, and i was all excited.. i go to install the software on my comp.. it says my windows is too old, and i need 2000 or xp.  Do I have to change the OS on my computer to run itunes?  Or is there a way to do it with windows 98?

Thanks much!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think it's only for 2000 and xp :book:

p.s You spell it itunes :fuckyou:

j/k :lol:

OH NOES KEVIN...YOU'RE TEH SCREWED!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Y34H I got the shaft!! And my aunt and uncle just like.. went back to indiana, so I can't like.. tell them or anything!! Plus I got a 50$ itunes song purchaser card, so yeah Im shafted to the max. I think I'm in for a long wait, untill I get my college computer (which would be free cause I got scholarship money coming for that :krider: ) but thats till spring at least for that money to come...

So yeah, im shafted.

Fuckin' grow up and stop trying to spam.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, some people never learn. Can't stay away because he needs the attention so desperately, but then again that's what children do. :lol:

On topic, you need 2000 or XP because they are fundamentally different and more advanced than 98 is, with better support for USB and such. They also have the ability to run services with user control from within the shell, unlike the older DOS based shells did. Itunes requires this to manage the IPOD, among other things.

Yeah.. my mom said she would buy windows XP for our comp... would this make it work?

Like I guess we'd just be upgrading the operating system..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. But I'd suggest a reinstall not an "upgrade", things tend to work out better that way.

:lol: Guess that means it's time to break out the DVDs to back up your GNR stuff

Btw, what kind of hardware do you have, XP isn't exactly forgiving....

Yeah.. my mom said she would buy windows XP for our comp... would this make it work?

Like I guess we'd just be upgrading the operating system..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. But I'd suggest a reinstall not an "upgrade", things tend to work out better that way.

:lol: Guess that means it's time to break out the DVDs to back up your GNR stuff

Btw, what kind of hardware do you have, XP isn't exactly forgiving....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm... like.. We checked XP reccomendation things on the web, and our comp. passed.

Hardware stats i guess are..

Well Ill just say its shit..

Its an HP Pavillion 8507 C

Intell Pentium 3

450 MHz

20 Gb

96 BG SDRAM

Yeah I know it's nothing really...

Hmmm...  like..  We checked XP reccomendation things on the web, and our comp. passed.

Intell Pentium 3   

450 MHz

20 Gb 

96 BG SDRAM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, dude, that'll work. Might try and find a RAM upgrade, though, check around and see if anyone sells SDRAM anymore, someone who does have it will probably sell it cheap. And you could always get a bigger HDD.

Won't matter much if you're just surfing the net and whatnot. Don't try to play Battlefield or Half-Life on it though <_<

Pricewatch.com used to be a good site to find components, don't know if it's still up though.

Hmmm...  like..  We checked XP reccomendation things on the web, and our comp. passed.

Intell Pentium 3   

450 MHz

20 Gb 

96 BG SDRAM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, dude, that'll work. Might try and find a RAM upgrade, though, check around and see if anyone sells SDRAM anymore, someone who does have it will probably sell it cheap. And you could always get a bigger HDD.

Won't matter much if you're just surfing the net and whatnot. Don't try to play Battlefield or Half-Life on it though <_<

Pricewatch.com used to be a good site to find components, don't know if it's still up though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I just use the comp for AIM, hw, and the internet surfing.. Thanks for all the help, I'll go looking for the ram upgrade tomorrow while my mom looks around for xp!

er, just noticed, sure it's not the 8570 C? it'll take up to 256 MB of RAM, two 128MB 3.3 volt, in case you go out looking

96MB sounds like it does that graphics shared memory thing, with 32MB of the 128 in your one stick being used for that

so probably just one more 128MB stick would do it. Won't handle more than that anyway.

er, just noticed, sure it's not the 8570 C?  it'll take up to 256 MB of RAM, two 128MB 3.3 volt, in case you go out looking

96MB sounds like it does that graphics shared memory thing, with 32MB of the 128 in your one stick being used for that

so probably just one more 128MB stick would do it.  Won't handle more than that anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol yeah its the 8570 C sorry misstype.

Thought I'd update.. we got XP up and running smoothly, didn't go for the ram increase.. Itunes was a bitch to install , the shit with the disk kept screwing up, and I ended up downloading it off of the apple site.. I'm in the process of transfering cd's onto itunes, so yay.

Thought I'd update..  we got XP up and running smoothly, didn't go for the ram increase.. Itunes was a bitch to install , the shit with the disk kept screwing up, and I ended up downloading it off of the apple site..  I'm in the process of transfering cd's onto itunes, so yay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. You'd want the latest version off Apple's site anyway; else as soon as you start it will connect to the internet and bug you to upgrade. :D

Make sure you're ripping CDs at minimum 160kbps if you're ripping AAC.