Battle of 2 guitar greats.

johnezz

Whos the better guitarist?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tricky one. From what i've read, Dave Gilmour picks his guitar solo's note by note to make sure each one serves a purpose in his solo's. So would that make him more technical than emotional? But then again, his solo's would make the hardest of men cry. So Dave Gilmour for me

Tricky one. From what i've read, Dave Gilmour picks his guitar solo's note by note to make sure each one serves a purpose in his solo's. So would that make him more technical than emotional? But then again, his solo's would make the hardest of men cry. So Dave Gilmour for me

Yeah, DG writes out most of his solos onto paper then gets rid of parts he doesn't like, swtiches parts around and adds parts in. I think it would make he solos MORE emotional as he is giving each note a reason to exist. Some solos he totally improvised though, like the Brick II solo (which his guitar was plugged straight into the mixing desk btw, and he used a Gold Top Les Paul with P-90's for that solo using the neck pickup)