This months MOJO magazine

Guest katie

thought it would appeal to some people here, it's a little expensive but i noticed alot of people on the forum like these bands

http://www.mojo4music.com/html/mojo_new_issue.shtml

IN THE NEW ISSUE OF MOJO...

FREE CD! 15 TRACK TRIBUTE TO THE WHO!

With The Jam, The Flaming Lips, Richard Thompson and more...

THE WHO

They can explain! Survivors Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend talk exclusively to MOJO's Pat Gilbert.

THE FALL

Mark E Smith: dessicated punk mitherer or the only voice of sanity in an ever-crumbling world? Mark Paytress peers inside the dank, tarmac'd mind of the Hip Priest himself.

THIN LIZZY

"Nobody's allowed to enjoy themselves that much." Twenty years after Phil Lynott's untimely death, Mick Wall revisits the music highs and drug lows of a rock'n'roll life lived forever over the edge.

DION

He was the pompadoured soul of '50s New York, the teen heart-throb, blues student and junk user who could have had it all. Davin Seay on a tale of rock'n'roll redemption.

Plus...Unseen Johnny Cash pics, Teddy Thompson's altered states, a Beatles reunion, Jerry Garcia on the bog, Sparks as they see themselves. Plus: Johnny Kidd And The Pirates, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, KLF, Jim Kerr on Ziggy Stardust and the Congotronic noise of Konono No. 1.

THE MOJO FILTER

ALBUMS

The Strokes clean up, Sparks remain a puzzle, Belle And Sebastian go soul, Neil Diamond reinvents himself, and Ray Davies peeks inside your tiny, insignificant lives.

REISSUES

The Motown Singles 1963 box-set, Judy Henske And Jerry Yester's folk-psych opus and Billy Fury with the Tornados.

THE MOJO PLAYLIST

You, us and Robert Plant pick out our month in music.

BOOKS

Peter Guralnick's epic Sam Cooke biog, photos of Bob Dylan and Roxy Music.

DVDs

It's time to reappraise Alex Cox's Straight To Hell. No, really.

LIVES

The Flaming Lips cruise the Pacific. Salif Keita on a career high in Nice. Nice!

HOW TO BUY

...The 4AD label. Wot, no Spirea X? But they were perfect with hashcakes...

I got last months mojo and it was a quality read (Springsteen, Chuck D) and had a wicked cd, I was thinking about getting the new q, its got another top 100 albums thingy in there, anyone got that yet?

no, i could tell you the top 20 if you'd like?

I got last months mojo and it was a quality read (Springsteen, Chuck D) and had a wicked cd, I was thinking about getting the new q, its got another top 100 albums thingy in there, anyone got that yet?

no, i could tell you the top 20 if you'd like?

I got the mag today, cheers for the offer tho

amazingly, the fall are playing the cartoon in croydon which has only ever been home to teenage emtal bands trying to bring back rock n rooooooooool maaaaaaaaaaaaaan and iron maiden tributes, i know someone by there so i might go.

The fall are amazingly boring, i really dont understand why people like them, the same with joy division *shudders*

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

amazingly, the fall are playing the cartoon in croydon which has only ever been home to teenage emtal bands trying to bring back rock n rooooooooool maaaaaaaaaaaaaan and iron maiden tributes, i know someone by there so i might go.

The fall are amazingly boring, i really dont understand why people like them, the same with joy division *shudders*

I'm not into the fall but with Joy Division it just took me awhile to really understand the music. Once I understood I really loved them, they grow on you.

first album until perverted by language are amazing albums, same with most of the peel sessions, including when they went hit and miss, late eighties up until around 2003 they werent so hot.

back on form again, they'rea good band with a knack for decent social commentary like half man half biscuit, and have the whole simple rock and roll thing dowen perfect.

i love them