Keyboard/Piano

Okay well for this past christmas, I got a keyboard.. I've been playing around with it here and there, and what strikes me as the hardest part, is coordinating the left hand with the right. I mean, I play guitar, have for 6 years, so I didn't think it'd be too hard, but it is to me. I'm working mostly on like.. using the left hand for the chords, and right for the other stuff, and I'm working on reading music faster and stuff. The hardest part is getting the left and right hands to work together exactly on timing, and with the left hand, making sure I hit the right notes in the chords. Any tips?

ps.. I can play perfectly so far "When Johnny Comes Marching home" (except the chords are still tough for me), and "Ode To joy" haha. I memorized major and minor chords too, I'm working on other forms..

here's a tip, when playing you'll be wanting to play the song fast with both hands, do it slow until u get used to it and automatically you'll build up speed and u should be able to play it like its nothing. Remember, Change is automatic, progress is Not!

here's a tip, when playing you'll be wanting to play the song fast with both hands, do it slow until u get used to it and automatically you'll build up speed and u should be able to play it like its nothing. Remember, Change is automatic, progress is Not!

Yeah I kinda know that.. It's just frustrating for me to coordinate both hands, as I'm used to just using one hand for fretting on guitar. I probably shouldn't try reading and playing with Treble and Bass Clef right now.. right?

Even though I started to learn when I was 10 (now in 20s), I can still remember the difficulties I had trying to play two-handed. All I can say is keep plugging away at it. Your hands will become more co-ordinated in time and pretty soon you'll wonder why you ever struggled.

It's gets even harder when you're trying to hold down three different melodies - one on the left hand, another on the right, and another with your voice!

But seriously, just keep plugging away. Perhaps if you stop thinking so hard about it it'll come more naturally. :)

Good luck!