CD could sound like... Queen.

Ferrari

I'd venture a guess that's what's happening with CD, its been so polished, so finely combed over by Axl in the studio that no matter what he does, something is off, it doesn't quite come together. Thats why AFD is GnR's benchmark release, it was RAW. A raw record is very forgiving in the way a record comes across...CD is going to have a hard time being cohesive, some common theme to unite all the material that is coming from all over the place. That was also the criticsm for UYI. So many great songs got lost in the shuffle. That's why a cohesive record like Nirvana's nevermind became the more memorable record of that era. If Axl follows the UYI route, CD could end up having a similar fate as that record.
Thats the best post I've seen in a long time at either forum.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't sound like Guns N' Roses though.

Many assholes and cocksuckers on this forum are happy about that.

highvoltage,

You're calling me a cupcake, but I've been a GN'R fan for longer than you.

No teenager will ever tell me what's GN'R and what's not.

Edited by Ferrari

It's been fourteen years. If GnR were on their fifth or sixth album, then yes, i would want them to try somethingdrastically new. It's not that i want him to remake songs that I've already heard, it's just that, at this point, any GnR release will sound fresh.

Can't wait for that reunion ^_^

Can't wait for CD. I'll use it as a frisbee. Or more likely, it will go directly to the garbage can.

If you find Axl and GnR so repulsive then go to the VR forum and rub your nuts over what you think GnR could have been.GnR and Axl wont lose much sleep over a tool like you, they have fans that are eager to get CD and judge it without malice.This is Mygnr, if you cant get the concept of the board or just come here to show the world what a cunt you are then please fuck off to VR forum.

Fuck you very much ;)

Ferrari, why do you even post in this section when you're clearing not in support of Axl and the new band? In fact a better question to ask is why haven't you been requested by madison to stop posting in this section by now? Hopefully that won't be too far around the corner :)

People are just going to have to accept that this album wont be like any previous GNR albums. You can whine, moan and complain all you like but it won't change the fact that the old GNR are over and this is the new direction for the band. If your someone that cannot stand NIN at all, then perhaps you might be disappointed with the album because I think there are certainly going to be some industrial influences on Chinese Democracy.

Ferrari, why do you even post in this section when you're clearing not in support of Axl and the new band? In fact a better question to ask is why haven't you been requested by madison to stop posting in this section by now? Hopefully that won't be too far around the corner :)

People are just going to have to accept that this album wont be like any previous GNR albums. You can whine, moan and complain all you like but it won't change the fact that the old GNR are over and this is the new direction for the band. If your someone that cannot stand NIN at all, then perhaps you might be disappointed with the album because I think there are certainly going to be some industrial influences on Chinese Democracy.

well said :)

Fuck NIN. Fuck Queen.

Fuck NIN. Fuck Queen.

NIN and Queen rock, Fuck you

I myself do not regard this band has Guns and Roses and never will, a band by its definition is more than one person, no what we have here is a new band with Axl Rose, which suits me fine, because he is a brillant songwriter and I do look forward to his new stuff.

I see no point in comparing the up and coming album to Use Your Illusions or AFD, its not the same band, I look forward to it though as I do Velvet revolver's new work. My point is Ferrai maybe you should see this a new solo project by one of your favourite singer/songerwriters and don't get a caught up by a name, it is quite obviously a different band, no matter what music they play or name they claim.

Also Queen are one of the most amazing, musically intellectual and diverse bands Ive ever heard and they share the same spot in my heart as the original Roses, Thin Lizzy and Deep Purple. Your entitled to your opinion and thats fine but I'm going to say your completely wrong.

THEY DON'T ! THEY DON'T ! THEY DON'T !

Axl thinks they do. BUT THEY DON'T !

Your obviously not even trying to support the new band so why don't you just do the honourable thing and leave with still some semblance of pride. People will respect your opinion more if you don't result in posting babyish responses like that.

Your entitled to your opinion but do it somewhere else. This is for people that support the new band. You can either leave on your own accord, and therefore win some respect from me and other members, or you can wait until madison kicks your ass out of here.

The choice is yours :)

THEY DON'T ! THEY DON'T ! THEY DON'T !

Axl thinks they do. BUT THEY DON'T !

Clearly alot of people here, think they do also. FUCK OFF ! FUCK OFF ! FUCK OFF !

Clearly a lot of people here are cunts.

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen."

He just said the CD will be arranged sort of like Queen. He never said anything about it sounding like Queen.

Ferrari is known as an retarded boy on this forums...so don't mind him!

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen."

He just said the CD will be arranged sort of like Queen. He never said anything about it sounding like Queen.

Exactly.

:rofl-lol:

If the new album sounds REMOTELY like Queen then it'll be one of the best albums ever made. Queen are vastly, vastly underated. They're second to the Beatles and half of Queen's music is actually better than Beatles music. GnR are third, of course!!

Try and revise that sentence as it makes you sound retarded, take out then AN and just have A, J/K mate ;)