CD could sound like... Queen.

Ferrari

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After saying some years ago that he wanted to bring GN'R into modernity doing a record with NIN influences, Axl says now that CD will sound a little bit like...Queen. :confused:

Is Axl OK ? I think is getting senile. Seriously.

I think he meant in the way the songs evolved not the sound of them, more epic i guess.Fuck knows to be honest, ive given up trying to second guess him.

After saying some years ago that he wanted to bring GN'R into modernity doing a record with NIN influences, Axl says now that CD will sound a little bit like...Queen. :confused:

Is Axl OK ? I think is getting senile. Seriously.

What do you care? I thought you didn't think it ever would come out and didn't want it to come out? Just don't buy it. Problem solved.

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen."

He just said the CD will be arranged sort of like Queen. He never said anything about it sounding like Queen.

Sure.

It will be a fantastic mix of Queen arrangements sounding like NIN.

Great.

Frankly I don't even care anymore. I just want him to release the damn record without anymore excuses. GnR's fanbase deserves that at the very least. Regardless of what Axl does, we know it will be of high quality and several notches above any other rock artist releases. I just hope his solo record lives up to the old catalogue because if it doesn't whether we like it or not, the gnr name will be tarnished. He's got a lot to live upto, but if anybody can do it, it's Axl....

Axl said that we will hear music this year. Queen music.

How cool !

fetes-anniversaire-lfdpn-026.gif

What do you think November Rain and Estranged were? Throwbacks to Queen and Elton John. That's always been his thing. UYI 1 & 2 were heavily Axl-oriented albums. You had some Izzy songs like dust n bones, rndth, you could be mine,etc and slash epics like coma but overall it was the Axl show from that point itself. CD will just be a continuation of that.

Atleast we wont get an album full of "Oh my god" style songs like what he initially planned...now I think it'll be more november rain style songs if "the blues" is any indication...

But the days of "Its so easy", "Nightrain", "right next door to hell", etc are long over I'm guessing....I wonder if Axl will have a song that rocks as hard as You could be mine on CD....doubt it....

it's better than having to listen 12 different variations of the same drum beats, vocal patterns, and guitar riffs on contraband

hell man,return of the champions was really overrated, GIMME CD

until then, gimme another audioslave album, AND STOP SELLING OUT THE NIRVANA NAME COURTNEY LOVE FOR MORE BOTOX,

and now you see the hilight of the new milennuim in music without gnr

this is why we need cd

Axl said that we will hear music this year. Queen music.

How cool !

fetes-anniversaire-lfdpn-026.gif

Maybe you can go to a Britney Spears forum or a Kelly Clarke forum and bitch about their CDs instead? Since it appears that you really ARE that lame that you spend time bitching on forums about pending CD releases that you don't want to hear, yet you think you'll buy anyway.

it's better than having to listen 12 different variations of the same drum beats, vocal patterns, and guitar riffs on contraband

until then, gimme another audioslave album, AND STOP SELLING OUT THE NIRVANA NAME COURTNEY LOVE FOR MORE BOTOX,

this is why we need cd

Now you're talking two extremes. On one side Axl tries his hand at every style employing tons of different producers and session musicians to help him and then on the other hand Slash and Co. take few risks and decide to rock out on stuff they can do in their sleep. Neither one is going to get a kickass product. Ever heard of the saying "Too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the broth?". I'd venture a guess that's what's happening with CD, its been so polished, so finely combed over by Axl in the studio that no matter what he does, something is off, it doesn't quite come together. Thats why AFD is GnR's benchmark release, it was RAW. A raw record is very forgiving in the way a record comes across...CD is going to have a hard time being cohesive, some common theme to unite all the material that is coming from all over the place. That was also the criticsm for UYI. So many great songs got lost in the shuffle. That's why a cohesive record like Nirvana's nevermind became the more memorable record of that era. If Axl follows the UYI route, CD could end up having a similar fate as that record.

Contraband was a solid release that was cohesive, but ultimately it's forgettable and won't be discussed a year from now. You have to take risks to be memorable and so far VR haven't done that. Hoping their next release does though....

Can't wait for that reunion ^_^

Can't wait for CD. I'll use it as a frisbee. Or more likely, it will go directly to the garbage can.

Yeah, I bet Axl really cares after he gets your money :rolleyes:

Nice try making a new argument against the band, when you can't even read the quote properly. Really, good job. I always thought 'arrangements' and 'sound' had the same meaning... right.

Edited by Zeppelin

this is why we need cd

Now you're talking two extremes. On one side Axl tries his hand at every style employing tons of different producers and session musicians to help him and then on the other hand Slash and Co. take few risks and decide to rock out on stuff they can do in their sleep. Neither one is going to get a kickass product. Ever heard of the saying "Too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the broth?". I'd venture a guess that's what's happening with CD, its been so polished, so finely combed over by Axl in the studio that no matter what he does, something is off, it doesn't quite come together. Thats why AFD is GnR's benchmark release, it was RAW. A raw record is very forgiving in the way a record comes across...CD is going to have a hard time being cohesive, some common theme to unite all the material that is coming from all over the place. That was also the criticsm for UYI. So many great songs got lost in the shuffle. That's why a cohesive record like Nirvana's nevermind became the more memorable record of that era. If Axl follows the UYI route, CD could end up having a similar fate as that record.

Contraband was a solid release that was cohesive, but ultimately it's forgettable and won't be discussed a year from now. You have to take risks to be memorable and so far VR haven't done that. Hoping their next release does though....

I see your point and totally agree with you. But, i love UYI´s, i think is one of the best records in the 90s. Estranged, November Rain, Yesterday, You Could Be Mine, The Garden, Dont Damn Me, KOHD, Civil War, Dont Cry... too many good songs!!!!!!

Why holy fuck can't Axl do a GUNS N'ROSES RECORD ?

Why does he need to refer to NIN or to Queen ? Fuck NIN. Fuck Queen. Fuck Buckethead. Fuck Finck. Fuck Stinson. Fuck indie credibility. Fuck the media. GN'R never needed that kind of crap !

With his constant allusions to other bands, Axl gives the impression of not having personality. Guns N'Roses had its own originality, but it seems that Axl doesn't believe in GN'R anymore : he wants something else : computers, musicians coming from "alternative" bands. He turned his back to GN'R roots. But he still wants to keep the name... <_<

Can you imagine Mick Jagger saying : "The next Rolling Stones album will have some Queen arrangements."

Or Angus Young :"NIN records are so impressive that AC/DC is going indus." Come on, seriously...

Guns N'Roses is not the right place to do experiments. It's too big, or at least it was...

Axl just forgot that he could have had a SIDE PROJECT instead of ruining the name of Guns N'Roses.

Edited by Ferrari

I will be very dissapointed if the album is mostly epicy type songs. Although Madagascar and the Blues are great songs, a record full of them just wouldnt be any good for me. UYI's were to overproduced and to exact for my taste, the songs are great but just the feel of the album isnt. I listen to the live UYI songs five times more often than studio because they are just the songs if you know what i mean.

There needs to be more than one Oh My God type songs on it, its my favourite new song...and i like Silkworms too.

But that might just be me........