Abbey Road

Mama Kin

I recently purchased this and have been curising to myself ever since for not buying any of their material sooner. I mean don't get me wrong i knew The Beatles were very good but i didn't think they were great until recently. I think i made the best choice in picking Abbey Road as the first album to buy but does anybody have any tips on what to follow up this great buy with :question:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I recently purchased this and have been curising to myself ever since for not buying any of their material sooner. I mean don't get me wrong i knew The Beatles were very good but i didn't think they were great until recently. I think i made the best choice in picking Abbey Road as the first album to buy but does anybody have any tips on what to follow up this great buy with :question:

I was late myself, but of course it is never too late. Abbey Road was the best choice. I would avoid the white album for now, it is fairly challenging. First you should get either Rubber Soul, Revolver, or Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, but you need to have them all eventually so don't fret as to which to select.

Ah good choice man, love abbey road! as for what to get next i'd gop with revolver, quite possibly the best album of all time and "1" is a brilliant compliation album to get, 27 songs on there showing how far they come from there early days as a pop band to evolve as the greatest band ever, id get them before Sgt peppers, which is a good album but i think its slighty overblown and overrated

I was late myself, but of course it is never too late. Abbey Road was the best choice. I would avoid the white album for now, it is fairly challenging. First you should get either Rubber Soul, Revolver, or Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, but you need to have them all eventually so don't fret as to which to select.

Cheers man. Yeah i kind of thought that it was going to be quite hard to buy a poor album and i'm also glad i got into them so late as it gives me something new to explore :)

Abbey Road freaking rules. It was my first too. I like the most Please Please Me, A Hard Day's Night, Help!, Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album and Abbey Road. My fav is the White Album.

I think Rubber Soul is pretty good, and Revolver is overrated. Just my opinion.

that medley near the end of the album is fuckin brilliant

Agreed, it also has the awesome song Something on it.

I would get Revolver next, my favourite Beatles album.

The White album is amazing, but it is double cd, so there are more songs on it. IMO they should have doen what George Martin said and just released one cd of the best songs from the White album sessions

You should buy 'em all.

Please Please Me. Contains several covers. Definately not their best, but still great.

With The Beatles. Pretty much the same thing as Please Please me.

A Hard Days Night. The first Beatles record consisting of only original songs. Kinda traditional.

Beatles For Sale. On this, they began a more mature phase for the band, not focusing very much on making money. Considered by many to be their worst record, though.

Help. Very good. I think especially Lennons songs are great.

Rubber Soul. Great album in which they start to branch out from their original sound. Not their best, but it was a major artistic development.

Revolver. This is my (and I'm not alone in thinking so) favourite album. As someone (can't remember who) said: "The individual members of the greatest band in the history of pop music peaking at the exact same time".

Stg. Pepper. Probably the most influential album of all time. 'Nuff said.

Magical Mystery Tour. A really creative, experimental and psychadelic album.

White Album. This is where each of the four band members began to showcase their own individual songwriting talents and styles that would be carried over to their eventual solo careers. Once again, great.

Let it Be. I don't like this record. You can pretty much hear the band splitting up. :(

i am not a big Beatles fan at all but I LOVE Abbey Road. To me it sounds like nothing they have ever done. I love the ending song "Her Majesty." Maybe the best 30 second song ever. I have always thought of this as their most psychodelic album but maybe I am wrong ?

You're very wrong. :)

i am not a big Beatles fan at all but I LOVE Abbey Road. To me it sounds like nothing they have ever done. I love the ending song "Her Majesty." Maybe the best 30 second song ever. I have always thought of this as their most psychodelic album but maybe I am wrong ?

You're very wrong. :)

Magical Mystery Tour is probably their most psychedelic album.

Revolver is anything but overrated its pure perfection, sgt peppers was maybe more influential but the songs are not in the same class as revolver

I agree, just when you think the album can't get any better there's Tomorrow Never Knows, one of my favourite Beatles songs.

Edited by DoubleTalkinJive

As it seemed the most popular follow up i bought Revolver today and have fallen in love straight away with the songs I Want To Tell You, Got To Get You Into My Life and Tomorrow Never Knows

Good work Mama Kin. Love You To is one of my favourite Beatle songs. I want to tell you, Taxman, Tomorrow Never Knows, and She Said She Said make this album amazing

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
As it seemed the most popular follow up i bought Revolver today and have fallen in love straight away with the songs I Want To Tell You, Got To Get You Into My Life and Tomorrow Never Knows

Gotta love "For No One".