So what should i buy now?

Hey guys,

I'm currently in posession of 600 Dollars, so i was thinking about buying a new guitar and wanted your advice, I was thinking about maybe saving upto 1000 to buy a Gibson SG, but I've worked really hard all my vacations to get my money and I feel desperate to spend it :P or to atleast see the results of my work, so thats why i want to ask you, should i spend it in on another guitar? or should i save upto 1000 to get me a Gibson SG? Is it worth it? So far i have 4 guitars, the rest I've sold

Fender Strat, really old and dont have any info but it plays like hell, my dad had it for a long time in the garage but doesn't play the guitar anymore so i've kinda "inherited", if you have any info on posting images i'll post some, but again,Ii Never use it, i keep it in this glass kind of case, and don't let anybody touch it, i mean like no one, except me sometimes after i've washed my hands repeatedly :P

Ibanez IC 300, great guitar, actually its the one i mostly play with, very versatile, and has its one unique tone to it, though i did buy new tuners and had Seymour Duncans put into the bridge and neck, it's not so comfortable to play but its the guitar that i feel most "In touch" with

Custom made Lp and Custom made Tele, Lp set up like JP's Number One, push/pull with burstbuckers, plays very very nice and has an amazing sustain due to the hard maple neck, and my Custom made Tele has the specs of a 59' and the body is made outa ash, also plays the hell outa the LP, both are amazing guitars and farely new, the luthier even measured my hand so they fit me like a glove, but again, I'm still not in direct contact with them like i am with my Ibanez

I have two Amps with which i am totally satisfied, one is the Marshall MG100DFX, many people say that the MG series are shit, but suprisingly i can get anything i want out of it with my IC 300, and a Handwired 1974X, which my dad obtained through a guy that owned him serious money, so don't recommend me any amps cus im very happy with what i have

So what do you think? what should i go for now?

Btw, i've worked hard for all the guitars i've had, since i'm 13 ive worked hard every summer to buy a new guitar, and now that im 16, i feel very satisfied with what i have, i'm not a spoiled brat that thinks he can't live without a 4000 dollar guitar just cuz his idol uses one that looks like it...jic

Edited by Me Scandar

haha 600$ :chef:

i think you should buy 300 cups of coffee

or

an ugly vehicle and slowly trick it out (not in a gangster way, just make it look good) but do that over the years hah, or buy something nice for a special girlllllll, or something else, lmao my ideas are retarded hahaha

or

an ugly vehicle and slowly trick it out (not in a gangster way, just make it look good) but do that over the years hah, or buy something nice for a special girlllllll, or something else, lmao my ideas are retarded hahaha

Well sorry i'm not a millionaire but i couldn't get a job that paid more than 12 bucks a day so fuck you man, 600 dollars here where i live is apparently "valued" like more money than were you live, oh and you're ideas are not funny, something like a 600 dolar carrot is funny.

And F*ck Your Enemy and Crash Diet thanks for your help, but i dont want a new amp cuz the 1974X is fairley new to me so im still getting to know it and as for the 2 guitars, well i already have a Les Paul and i dont know much about Dixie Rebel but i'm looking for something more "quiet". Thanks anyways for the ideas.

or

Well sorry i'm not a millionaire but i couldn't get a job that paid more than 12 bucks a day so fuck you man, 600 dollars here where i live is apparently "valued" like more money than were you live, oh and you're ideas are not funny, something like a 600 dolar carrot is funny.

And F*ck Your Enemy and Crash Diet thanks for your help, but i dont want a new amp cuz the 1974X is fairley new to me so im still getting to know it and as for the 2 guitars, well i already have a Les Paul and i dont know much about Dixie Rebel but i'm looking for something more "quiet". Thanks anyways for the ideas.

Yeah dude.. fuck you for making fun of $600.. the dude has saved up hard for that and I agree with him.. 600$ is valued... I bet it's nothing to you as you live off your folks and don't know the vlue of real money :fuckyou:

Man the Dixie Rebel is amazing.. I'm saving up for it at the mo rock1

:question: i wasnt making fun of 600$, i would love to have that, but i just spent that much on a new bass. and i didnt think my ideas were funny, i called them retarded. so w.e, and what made you think i dont have to work for it ? Edited by J-Studham

Well, now its time for, you guessed it, my opinion.

Firstly, dude, you have a fucken kick ass collection of guitars and amps already :D

SG's, while they do sound different to LP's, they are not hugely different. I would spend my money on a guitar that would give me a vastly different tone to all the guitars i have already. Say, maybe a Archtop or a Semi-hollow. My guitar teacher has an es-335 and bloody hell it sounds awesome!!!. But if you really do want an SG, how about getting one with P-90 pickups, they are large single coils, but their tone is best discribed as halfway between that of a humbucker and a single coil. Pete Townshend used an SG with p-90s somttimes, they give a awesoem gritty rock n roll tone.

Anyway, it's up to you mate.

Well Johnez, i guess in the guitar area your opinion is one of the ones i most respect, i was actually expecting it, i was also thinking about a semi hollow, i've read good reviews about them, today i'll go to this big guitar center and see if i can find any semi hollow, but my priority will be es 335's, though ive heard really good things about ibanez and esp's semi hollows, il let you know guys if i find someething. Thanks again for all your opinions .

the worst thing you can do is get a 1000 dollar guitar and a 100 dollar amp :)

or vice versa.

You should try to go on ebay and find a decent gibson les paul or SG.

even consider tokai or orville. They´ll be pretty close and better than the epiphones.

Then go to your local guitar shop and find a good amp, try out the different models.

and then get a used one from ebay:)

it´ll save you a shitload of money and until you start gigging and making some money off of it,

then you should be able to afford a kickass LP and a huge marshall stack ;)