The Verve Or Oasis?

Mama Kin

You Decide  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havnt heard that much of the verve to be honest but i do like a few songs but then again i find a few boring but i have every oasis album and they've easily been the most important and best british band since they released definately maybe and i really like there last 2 albums (especially the latest one) which shows that they seemed to have found consistency again so for me its oasis all the way

I personally cannot stand Oasis and just wish The Verve were still going. Sadly though they're not but i still would much rather listen to The Verve anyday than Oasis. One band has great lyrics, a great voice and a kick ass orchestra behind them where as the other band has a very whiny voice, average lyrics at best and an attitude that makes you wish they would fall down dead one day. My vote obviously goes to The Verve and their amazing front man Richard Ashcroft

Have you actually heard anything else by the Verve but Urban Hymns? Most of all, what have you heard of Oasis? These two bands are not that much different. From your post I can just assume that you "can't stand" Oasis because of their image and attitude, not the music. Tell me if Im wrong...

I personally cannot stand Oasis and just wish The Verve were still going. Sadly though they're not but i still would much rather listen to The Verve anyday than Oasis. One band has great lyrics, a great voice and a kick ass orchestra behind them where as the other band has a very whiny voice, average lyrics at best and an attitude that makes you wish they would fall down dead one day. My vote obviously goes to The Verve and their amazing front man Richard Ashcroft

I agree. I HATE Oasis, they are whiney and fucking irritating. At least the guy from the Verve can sing, and their songs are beautiful and they are more poignant and meaningful, to me. I love the Verve :)

I agree. I HATE Oasis, they are whiney and fucking irritating. At least the guy from the Verve can sing, and their songs are beautiful and they are more poignant and meaningful, to me. I love the Verve :)

Im sure oasis HATE death metal and find that just a bit irratating like most people who like good music do

Have you actually heard anything else by the Verve but Urban Hymns? Most of all, what have you heard of Oasis? These two bands are not that much different. From your post I can just assume that you "can't stand" Oasis because of their image and attitude, not the music. Tell me if Im wrong...

yes there is more to the verve than urban hymns

there is

HISTORY-top album- includes stormy clouds'lifes an ocean-wicked songs

A STORM IN HEAVEN-pretty slow but still worth a listen,

early verve & oasis sound nothing alike

erm lawrence, the verve dont have an album called history.

Urban Hymns is the weakest verve album. A Storm in heaven is a psychedelic gem, A northern Soul is their true masterpeice.

saying that, no verve album is better than definitely maybe.

Liam Gallagher and Richard Aschroft are both larger than life.

I prefer Oasis.

the verve are shit and richard asscroft is a talentless twat

cast no shadow is dedicated to ashcroft-shows what you know'

oasis & coldplay worship him like a god- remember live 8????????/

coldplay were joined by ashcroft , chris martin says heres the best singer in the world

get your facts straight before you spew your bad breath on here :fuckyou:

just because supernerd chris martin likes asscroft that doesnt make him talented, it means that whiney twat from coldplay has bad taste. bitter sweet symphony is the verves biggest song and they didnt even write it :rofl-lol:

Oasis are a bunch of arrogant cock suckers with gay hair cuts.

Just my opinion

duff

Ignorant kids with an attitude and a bad vocabulary, worst kind... STFU if you don't have anything intelligent to say... :monkey:

Yeh i second.

Oasis are great, and are one of my fav bands ;) Verve are still cool though

the verve are shit and richard asscroft is a talentless twat

cast no shadow is dedicated to ashcroft-shows what you know'

oasis & coldplay worship him like a god- remember live 8????????/

coldplay were joined by ashcroft , chris martin says heres the best singer in the world

get your facts straight before you spew your bad breath on here :fuckyou:

just because supernerd chris martin likes asscroft that doesnt make him talented, it means that whiney twat from coldplay has bad taste. bitter sweet symphony is the verves biggest song and they didnt even write it :rofl-lol:

who wrote the lyrics then ?:monkey: