who do you like better?

matt_barker

lennon v macartney  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's important to look hard and understand who is singing and writing your favorite Beatles tunes before you choose a favorite.

That I have done. I've researched very deeply about it, and I find Lennon stuff much better.

I think it's important to look hard and understand who is singing and writing your favorite Beatles tunes before you choose a favorite.

That I have done. I've researched very deeply about it, and I find Lennon stuff much better.

I read your earlier post and although i dont particually agree with it i understand what you mean about lennons songs being more personal, if people think lennons better then thats fine but most people just automatically vote lennon without even thinking about it

I read your earlier post and although i dont particually agree with it i understand what you mean about lennons songs being more personal, if people think lennons better then thats fine but most people just automatically vote lennon without even thinking about it

I get what you mean.

To those who say Harrison, I don't think you can put him in the same league as Lennon and McCartney. He was indeed a great songwriter who wrote some really good tunes, but way to few to be compared to the other two.

I get what you mean.

To those who say Harrison, I don't think you can put him in the same league as Lennon and McCartney. He was indeed a great songwriter who wrote some really good tunes, but way to few to be compared to the other two.

Yeah if were talking which beatle had the best solo career then maybe harrison (altho i havnt heard enough of any of there stuff to judge) but in the beatles theres no way he can be compared to lennon and mccartney who consistently wrote brilliant songs

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I get what you mean.

Yeah if were talking which beatle had the best solo career then maybe harrison (altho i havnt heard enough of any of there stuff to judge) but in the beatles theres no way he can be compared to lennon and mccartney who consistently wrote brilliant songs

Yes, if you like the majority of The Beatles music Harrison probably shouldn't be your favorite.

Lennon is more popular because he's dead. and because he was the one who was in the media all the time with his bed-in and the "bigger than jesus" comment. I think that's the main reason why Lennon wins these polls all the time.

I prefer McCartney because he's the better songwriter he's always been quite and focused on the music.

None the less Lennon is still the second best songwriter of the last century.

Most of you are idiots and just vote lennon straight away without putting any real thought into it, just because mccartneys a twat and lennons death makes him more iconic doesnt mean he was a better musician, maybe as solo artists lennon may have the edge but during both of there primes when they were in the beatles if i had to choose id go mccartney anyday, I preferred his voice, preffered his lyrics and thought he was a brilliant composer of pop music wether it be his brilliant bass lines or his piano work, equal to brian wilson in the respect of greatest composer of popular music. oh and if your gonna vote lennon please just dont say "lennon baby" what does that prove or bring to the discussion?

well mayeb those who say mcartney was a dick actually also think that lennons music was better ;)

Well if they think hes better then they can write why, seeing as lennon is so far ahead at the moment yet only one person thats voted for lennon has bothered to write more than "lennon rules, mccartney sucks!!!!!" :rolleyes:

You're funny, it was known that technical wise, McCartney was better at guitar. But thats irrelevant. If you read the title topic, it's 'Who do you like better?'

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, despite voting Lennon 'cause I like him better I think it should go the way that all their music is written in all their books.

LENNON-MCCARTNEY.

BTW is anyone into wings?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Most of you are idiots and just vote lennon straight away without putting any real thought into it, just because mccartneys a twat and lennons death makes him more iconic doesnt mean he was a better musician, maybe as solo artists lennon may have the edge but during both of there primes when they were in the beatles if i had to choose id go mccartney anyday, I preferred his voice, preffered his lyrics and thought he was a brilliant composer of pop music wether it be his brilliant bass lines or his piano work, equal to brian wilson in the respect of greatest composer of popular music. oh and if your gonna vote lennon please just dont say "lennon baby" what does that prove or bring to the discussion?

well mayeb those who say mcartney was a dick actually also think that lennons music was better ;)

Well if they think hes better then they can write why, seeing as lennon is so far ahead at the moment yet only one person thats voted for lennon has bothered to write more than "lennon rules, mccartney sucks!!!!!" :rolleyes:

You're funny, it was known that technical wise, McCartney was better at guitar. But thats irrelevant. If you read the title topic, it's 'Who do you like better?'

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, despite voting Lennon 'cause I like him better I think it should go the way that all their music is written in all their books.

LENNON-MCCARTNEY.

BTW is anyone into wings?

Starting around Rubber Soul, "Lennon-McCartney" became an illusion.

I like them both very much.

Lennon was an amazing man and so was his music.

He did so much to create peace, I wish it would have hit people so much more..

McCartney was amazing though when I went to see him, best concert I have ever been too.

He was so personal and they all spoke Danish to us, him and his band.

It's such a good memory :)

Guest zipgunboogie

lets see john in the beatles.

george solo. george did have amazing songs in the beatles but he was only allowed like 3 songs an album. but the songs he did write i thought were just as good. i think i like john better for his voice. i have to say though yoko did somethin to him cause he only had like 3 good songs on an album after they broke up. you can not compare any beatle w/ george solo.

lets see john in the beatles.

george solo. george did have amazing songs in the beatles but he was only allowed like 3 songs an album. but the songs he did write i thought were just as good. i think i like john better for his voice. i have to say though yoko did somethin to him cause he only had like 3 good songs on an album after they broke up. you can not compare any beatle w/ george solo.

Not even ringo? :laugh: