You're right, Axl. Doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses.

Guest Matt13

I think you need to put down the crack pipe.

IRS is decent at best. The guitar playing is awful, just no creativity with it at all. Lame power chords that sound like something from Nirvana. The lyrics are just all over the place, some truely brilliant lines and some lines that you'd expect to hear on a Hillary Duff song.

Better is crap. The beginning sounds like a Nine Inch Nails b-side track, and after that it kicks into one of the most generic guitar riffs I've ever heard. I think a person who's never picked up a guitar in their life could play that riff, it's awful. Axl's voice is the only thing that saves Better from being total unlistenable garbage.

This is what we waited 10 years for? This is Axl's MASTERPIECE? I appreciate him trying to "experiment" with his music, but experimenting doesn't always = greatness.

The only nu-GNR song that even holds a candle to anything the REAL GNR did is The Blues; that is a song i'd rank in my top 5 GNR songs of all time, but everything else I could do without.

- The intro to better sound like rubbish, it wasnt good for any ears...and i think you mean the same but hardcore fans cant say it out laod...i wanted to throw my computer out the window when i heard it...but the end and middle of the song was infact very goof...but i cant get the fucking ugly start out of my head, i have some kind of pain!

Dont hope better with that intro will be on Chinese Democracy!!!!! :fuckyou:

But this is a good day for every Axl fans, and a pretty bad day for Matt And Slash and their fans, if they have anyone left!

You know, I felt the same way... at first. I was like, WTF kind of intro is this? But, once the main part of the song kicked in, it all tied itself together. Sort of like a Nine Inch Nails song. Think about the first few times you heard some of their good stuff... some of the intros made you go WTF at first. But once you heard the whole song, it all was just perfect. Sort of like Better.

After listening to it twice, I loved the intro. If you listen closely, it's layered into the main body of the song. Amazing, just amazing.

To the idiot that posted his garbage about the songs being crap, yea dude, you're totally stuck in the 80's. I suggest you keep listening to your old Scorpions albums if you like talking, moody guitars with 'feeling'. If you ask me, these new tunes have plenty of feeling. The songs are more layered, and you don't like that apparently. I'm sure there's a great solo in 'Better' after that little clip cuts out... but I think the guitar parts are fantastic. That beginning riff is totally Finck. That's straight out of a NIN type song... and I absolutely love it. I love the 'experimental' singing to on Axl's part. A tone and style we've NEVER heard out of him. It's great to know his voice is so adaptable... and that old Axl Rasp when the main part of the song kicks in just bends you over and screws your brains out.

Jesus H. Cripes... I'm completely stoked.

Finally, VR fans have nothing to worry about. I still love that blusey Slash sound and will continue to support them... so there's no need to take jabs at VR/Slash/Duff fans. Their work is great to me in a different way.

Different strokes for different folks. And boy oh boy, do I love having both to enjoy!

- The intro to better sound like rubbish, it wasnt good for any ears...and i think you mean the same but hardcore fans cant say it out laod...i wanted to throw my computer out the window when i heard it...but the end and middle of the song was infact very goof...but i cant get the fucking ugly start out of my head, i have some kind of pain!

Dont hope better with that intro will be on Chinese Democracy!!!!! :fuckyou:

But this is a good day for every Axl fans, and a pretty bad day for Matt And Slash and their fans, if they have anyone left!

You know, I felt the same way... at first. I was like, WTF kind of intro is this? But, once the main part of the song kicked in, it all tied itself together. Sort of like a Nine Inch Nails song. Think about the first few times you heard some of their good stuff... some of the intros made you go WTF at first. But once you heard the whole song, it all was just perfect. Sort of like Better.

After listening to it twice, I loved the intro. If you listen closely, it's layered into the main body of the song. Amazing, just amazing.

To the idiot that posted his garbage about the songs being crap, yea dude, you're totally stuck in the 80's. I suggest you keep listening to your old Scorpions albums if you like talking, moody guitars with 'feeling'. If you ask me, these new tunes have plenty of feeling. The songs are more layered, and you don't like that apparently. I'm sure there's a great solo in 'Better' after that little clip cuts out... but I think the guitar parts are fantastic. That beginning riff is totally Finck. That's straight out of a NIN type song... and I absolutely love it. I love the 'experimental' singing to on Axl's part. A tone and style we've NEVER heard out of him. It's great to know his voice is so adaptable... and that old Axl Rasp when the main part of the song kicks in just bends you over and screws your brains out.

Jesus H. Cripes... I'm completely stoked.

Finally, VR fans have nothing to worry about. I still love that blusey Slash sound and will continue to support them... so there's no need to take jabs at VR/Slash/Duff fans. Their work is great to me in a different way.

Different strokes for different folks. And boy oh boy, do I love having both to enjoy!

Another great post! Although, I love my old Scorpions records.... oh well. The thing about Better is that you don't know what the fuck will come next. That's how it felt with the clip. The intro was just weird at first, but then you hit the verse and hear Axl's rasp and the powerful guitars with the intro emerging again in the background with the lyrics. It just grabs your balls, and Axl's voice drives it to make it grab you. Hopefully the rest of the song is as good as the first minute and bit. Right now, these songs are shaping up damn well.

First of all Better fuckin' rocks. The guitar-sound actually most closely resembles Deftones, although with a completey different riff.

Secondly, all these leaked demos and concert recordings of the new Chinese Democracy songs are adding up to something fuckin' awesome.

These songs are doing it better than any hard rock outfit out right now - especially VELVET REVOLVER.

That's all.

June 2006 Chinese Democracy. Can't wait.

I love how if you don't like the new songs, that automatically means you're "Stuck in the 80's". I mean, I guess it's impossible for anyone to just not like the songs because they aren't good, right?

IRS is just one basic power chord throughout the whole thing. If you think that is great guitar playing then you probably think those guys from Good Charlotte are great guitar players as well.

Layered.. Whaaaaaat? Who cares? The intro is layered into the verse.. well here's the problem, the intro is terrible. You say that beginning riff is "totally Finck". Well, it's also totally garbage. That is as generic as rock can possibly get, turn on your top 40 station and you can hear every damn band on the planet playing a riff like that.

I love how if you don't like the new songs, that automatically means you're "Stuck in the 80's". I mean, I guess it's impossible for anyone to just not like the songs because they aren't good, right?

IRS is just one basic power chord throughout the whole thing. If you think that is great guitar playing then you probably think those guys from Good Charlotte are great guitar players as well.

Layered.. Whaaaaaat? Who cares? The intro is layered into the verse.. well here's the problem, the intro is terrible. You say that beginning riff is "totally Finck". Well, it's also totally garbage. That is as generic as rock can possibly get, turn on your top 40 station and you can hear every damn band on the planet playing a riff like that.

funny thing is...if it is just some "generic as rock" shit, well it sounds pretty fuckin damn good and unlike anything else....and i'm sure we all know who we can thank for that fuckin shit

The MUSIC itself sounds like much of the stuff on the radio today. The thing that makes it sound different is Axl, because there is nobody in music that sounds remotely like Axl. Other than that, you can hear that guitar playing on any radio station.

Edited by OTHAFA

Saying you don't like the new songs is like saying you don't like pizza. Who doesn't like pizza?

You're obviously not a big fan of Axl or New GNR. If you fail to believe these songs are 10 times better than anything on the radio nowadays, you're blind.

Go back to the VR forum where you might fit in better.

You're most definitely in the minority here.

Sad, but true.

EDIT: To the dude with the Scorpion albums, nothing wrong with that:) You should see my Poison collection...lol. I've tried to push my 80's stuff to the back of the shelf though:)

Edited by Matt13

The MUSIC itself sounds like much of the stuff on the radio today. The thing that makes it sound different is Axl, because there is nobody in music that sounds remotely like Axl. Other than that, you can hear that guitar playing on any radio station.

you got to be kidding me?....you heard something like IRS on a Radio?......

hahahahahahahahaha!

Perhaps the title is misleading... but the new stuff sounds EXACTLY like what I've been expecting. A little modern rock riffs... a little industrial layering... and a pinch of Floyd if you ask me. Why is the title misleading?

It's what GNR has to sound like to succeed in todays music world. It's Axl. It's the new guy's heart and soul. It is GUNS N' ROSES. And it if fucking awesome. This album is going to be MIND BOGGLING.

Studio versions of 'The Blues', 'Madagascar', 'Chinese Democracy', 'IRS', and 'Better' alone will more than meet my expectations of the new album. All top 10 caliber songs with the weakest, in my mind, being 'Chinese Democracy'... which is a kick ass song to boot. Can you imagine getting 7 other studio tracks that we haven't even heard?

'Better', what can I say. My first reaction: "This doesn't sound like GNR", exactly what Axl said we'd probably think... then the main body of the song kicks in and it's just, well, amazing. It's GUNS N' ROSES and the way it's going to be. And I couldn't be fucking happier.

To those who are surprised by the new sound and don't really know what to think... you're stuck in the 80's my friend and must not have been reading the forums and listening to Axl when he spoke over the course of the last 10 years. It was no big secret that the new stuff wasn't going to sound all that much like the old GNR sound. There's elements of it in all of the songs, especailly 'The Blues', but this direction is perfect. Just fucking perfect.

The rasp? It's there. The edge? It's there. Powerful song-writing? All there. It's GUNS N' ROSES and this album is going to be huge if these demo tracks are any indication. IRS? Amazing. Just amazing. Top 10 written all over it. I wish we had more of better... as if the first minute and 16 seconds doesn't blow you away, it sounds like it gets cut off just as the song is about to go into an amazing part of the song. It chews you up and spits you out. It's GUNS N' ROSES.

I'm sure you're checking out all the big GNR forums today Axl after these leaks. On purpose or not, it doesn't matter. Don't be upset and don't listen to the negative ass-holes. This shit fucking rocks and you my friend are on the right track.

Put that mother fucker out goddamn soon, dammit. Time to take over the shitty airwaves once again.

Welcome back.

Great post Matt! Agree 100%.

Grimo.

Madagascar is the song that really got me into GNR. Before i watched the VMAs, i didn't give two shits about the band, but listening to that song honestly sent me searching to find the album that it was on. I didn't know it was a new track, so i ended up buying every album before realizing it.

Good thing, too because i was introduced to some awesome music that i would have missed otherwise.

Just goes to show that Axl was doing something right these last 10 years. Madagascar is an incredible song, and if mixed properly would be an extremely powerful and even more popular song. It's too bad that all we've got are bootlegs and no demos of it. *le sigh*

DAMN RIGHT!!!

Uncle Axl has taken some SWEET elements from all kinds of music and melted it together.

Wonder what Slash is gonna think now, like....

WTF, the dude actually did something the past 14 years while I was coked out....

yeah they all seem less hard rocking, and more like late Zep and Queenish...

But They seem highly personal, and then softness is allowed! :)

It takes a motherfucking coolass singer to be the frontman of a rock n roll band.

But it takes someone brilliant to express their own true feelings...

The man is a genius in melody structure. He has a wild eyed way of finding/feeling a fantasticly hooking melody over a basic chord structure. THIS is what makes GnR, and THIS is why Axl got 50%+. And nothing (VR) has sounded more like Guns, the missing ingredient, Axl's voice and melody lines. VR's melodies sound like something from Stone Temple Pilots, frankly, missing the grandeur and flair of GnR...that is Axl.

Both these new songs clearly posses what I speak of, both top shelf, best new music I've heard in a long time. He has nice new influences in there, or lack of old ones maybe, that have taken him to new explorative, experimental ground.

Cheers

Edited by axlskAmpf