problems

Guest cherry_bomb

Guest cherry_bomb

i had this problem before, when ever i post soemthing, i get the message saying you cant make another post straight after you just made one. but thats not the case! i write it and post and then it says that. makes no sense!! so its annoying cos i have to go back to the index instead of going back to the particular part of the forum. plus most of threads have 0 views even though some have hundreds of replies...

just to show u what i mean this is what i get every time i add a reply, which ive waited minutes to reply to.

screen1yw.jpg

just to show u what i mean this is what i get every time i add a reply, which ive waited minutes to reply to.

screen1yw.jpg

As we mentioned in the other thread, certain functions, such as the "views" and "search" features have been temporarily turned off so that the forum can run faster when traffic is high like it is now (We currently have 274 members on the forum - compared with our normal average of 100 to 150 people at one time).

As for the flood control function, it's always been there. Waiting 80 seconds between posts helps prevent spammers from coming onto the forum and flooding it with nonsense. If we didn't have flood control, spammers and other practical jokers could flood the forum with nonsense threads in seconds - pushing all of the legitimate threads off the forum. (This has happened in the past -- which is why we brought in "flood control" in the first place).

Guest cherry_bomb

i know what flood control is, and i know what it does, but only occasionally i get this problem, as soon as i type a reply and submit it i get the flood cotnrol message even when i havent tried to post something else and as i say i have to go back to the index instead of being in where ever i wanna be :question:

i know what flood control is, and i know what it does, but only occasionally i get this problem, as soon as i type a reply and submit it i get the flood cotnrol message even when i havent tried to post something else and as i say i have to go back to the index instead of being in where ever i wanna be :question:

Are you saying that you've waited 80 seconds before hitting the "reply" button to begin to type? Or did you hit the reply button - and then wait 80 seconds while typing your post?

That's kinda happened to me before and I think my message hasn't been posted, but then if I go to the forum I posted it in it has been posted!

The forum might be having problems with all the people overloading it. Try clearing temporary internet files/cookies and log in again and see what happens when you post.

Guest cherry_bomb

Are you saying that you've waited 80 seconds before hitting the "reply" button to begin to type? Or did you hit the reply button - and then wait 80 seconds while typing your post?

yeah ive waited for over 80 seconds for pressing "reply" sometimes its even when ive just got into the forum. it doesnt make sense cos the flood control appears after ive posted something. the post still works but i always get the flood control straight away after posting. i press "add reply" after writing my post and then get taken to the flood control