The new guitarists thread

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Guest zipgunboogie

but there is a difference. and i never said that there was a deffinent line

so we are all on the same side here. we do all agree.

Edited by zipgunboogie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to note, anyone who frequents this thread or My World for that matter, especially if you like Led Zeppelin, there is no excuse for not having a copy of:

Jeff Beck-Truth

This album is as great and as important as any Led Zeppelin album.

Rod Stewart-Vocals

Jeff Beck-Guitar

Ron Wood-Bass

Mick Waller-Drums

This album is a true must-have.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Guest zipgunboogie

infact probably more innfuecial than zep untill id say Physical Graffiti came out.

but there is a difference. and i never said that there was a deffinent line

You didnt literally say there was a deffinent line, but it certainly came through from your words, want it or not.

well im sorry you percieved it that way i didnt mean for it to come across like that. i think every one is guilty of percieving it a different way than what anyone ment it to say on here.

like i said we all agree.

infact probably more innfuecial than zep untill id say Physical Graffiti came out.

Funny that you say that, don't you think "Houses of the Holy" or "IV" were the real breakthrough albums?

I mean they did some spectacular things on those albums that had not been done previously.

Incidently, are you a Bowie fan? You've mentioned him (and Mick ROnson) on more than one occasion.

I'm a young Bowie fan, I've only got "Ziggy Stardust". I am more of a Marc Bolan fan, not that you need to take sides. But David has one of the most recognizable voices of all time, and I love his lyrics and Ronson's playing on ZS, I would like to get another DB album sometime but with so many reputed masterpieces I wouldn't know where to start, I'd probably get "Hunky Dory".

"Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth."

Brilliant lyric, you could make alot of it.

But to go with the guitar theme, Mick Ronson is a very good player. Not too much technical ability, but plays bluesy and makes you feel like you are in outer space.

Incidently, are you a Bowie fan? You've mentioned him (and Mick ROnson) on more than one occasion.

I'm a young Bowie fan, I've only got "Ziggy Stardust". I am more of a Marc Bolan fan, not that you need to take sides. But David has one of the most recognizable voices of all time, and I love his lyrics and Ronson's playing on ZS, I would like to get another DB album sometime but with so many reputed masterpieces I wouldn't know where to start, I'd probably get "Hunky Dory".

But to go with the guitar theme, Mick Ronson is a very good player. Not too much technical ability, but plays bluesy and makes you feel like you are in outer space.

Ronno's got some really great playing to his name. He's a great writer and producer too.

I'd advise Hunky Dory if you want to brach out - classic album!! Then again I love all Bowie

Ronno's got some really great playing to his name. He's a great writer and producer too.

I'd advise Hunky Dory if you want to brach out - classic album!! Then again I love all Bowie

Is there alot of that parlor style piano as heard on "Oh You Pretty Things"? I love that sound.

Guest zipgunboogie

Funny that you say that, don't you think "Houses of the Holy" or "IV" were the real breakthrough albums?

I mean they did some spectacular things on those albums that had not been done previously.

mmm yes they were. but im talkin about for the popularity. zep didnt really get it or was known how they are now untill PG. and i mean that as in the mainsteam of music not there influence

yes my favorite album is Zoso. as a album that has everything on it. i dont know of any other album has as many music styles on it.

another thing that has to be mentioned is plants lyrics. they are just like poetry. and of course his voice.

jonesy and Bonzo were deffinently the sound of zeppelin. when i think of zep i think of the driving slow hard beat of bonham

mmm yes they were. but im talkin about for the popularity. zep didnt really get it or was known how they are now untill PG. and i mean that as in the mainsteam of music not there influence

yes my favorite album is Zoso. as a album that has everything on it. i dont know of any other album has as many music styles on it.

another thing that has to be mentioned is plants lyrics. they are just like poetry. and of course his voice.

jonesy and Bonzo were deffinently the sound of zeppelin. when i think of zep i think of the driving slow hard beat of bonham

100% true.

Is there alot of that parlor style piano as heard on "Oh You Pretty Things"? I love that sound.

Yeah, very laid back and quite camp. Excellent set of pop songs. I prefer it to Ziggy Stardust because of the piano (from Rick Wakeman of Yes fame)

Guest zipgunboogie

so back on the topic of guitar payers.

Mick Ralphs is one of my favs

for the traditional rock like from a carry on from the beatles i think mick has that rapped up.

he also is way to underated. as a writer to

Yeah, very laid back and quite camp. Excellent set of pop songs. I prefer it to Ziggy Stardust because of the piano (from Rick Wakeman of Yes fame)

It's Wakeman eh? Surprising, I should get the album eventually.

Zip, Ralphs must be well underrated because I don't know much about him, just that he was in Bad Company and Mott the Hoople.

It's Wakeman eh? Surprising, I should get the album eventually.

Zip, Ralphs must be well underrated because I don't know much about him, just that he was in Mott the Hoople.

Which coincidently Bowie wrote their most memorable tune

I knew he produced them, but what tune are you referring to?

Zip, I just listened to Truth and am in the middle of LZ 1. I have to admit it, you are right, there are many cuts that separate this from Truth, which is really much closer to blues. Beck would have never put down anything like "Good Times Bad Times" or "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You". They are still very similar, but the differences are notable.

Guest zipgunboogie

Zip, I just listened to Truth and am in the middle of LZ 1. I have to admit it, you are right, there are many cuts that separate this from Truth, which is really much closer to blues. Beck would have never put down anything like "Good Times Bad Times" or "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You". They are still very similar, but the differences are notable.

yeah thats all i was really sayin. have you heard Black Country Woman Yet. and White Summer he accually recorded in the Yardbirds.

yeah thats all i was really sayin. have you heard Black Country Woman Yet. and White Summer he accually recorded in the Yardbirds.

I've heard "Black Country Woman" on PG and live, and I have heard "White Summer" live.

Do I need to get Presence? I think I would like it.

Guest zipgunboogie

I've heard "Black Country Woman" on PG and live, and I have heard "White Summer" live.

This is How i explain Presence.

There is not a lot of well known songs on there. Nobodys fault but mine i think is the most known. achilies last stand i think is amazing. its like 11 min though. for your life is my fav on there.

all together it is just as strong of an album as any other. just they arent as mainstreem like rock n roll, or black dog. they might be a bit more slower aor bluesy. i dont know its just how you look at it. yes get it.

you wont be disapointed.

There is not a lot of well known songs on there. Nobodys fault but mine i think is the most known. achilies last stand i think is amazing. its like 11 min though. for your life is my fav on there.

all together it is just as strong of an album as any other. just they arent as mainstreem like rock n roll, or black dog. they might be a bit more slower aor bluesy. i dont know its just how you look at it. yes get it.

you wont be disapointed.

I actually used to perform "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and even recorded it once, I was 10 or 11 at the time of the session. But I learned it from Blind Willie Johnson. I love "Achilles Last Stand" and I think I would love the whole album, Dave Mustaine is actually a big fan of Presence.

Thanks Genesis.

Guest zipgunboogie

so do you like bad co. you have anything from them

you wont be disapointed.

I actually used to perform "Nobody's Fault But Mine" and even recorded it once, I was 10 or 11 at the time of the session. But I learned it from Blind Willie Johnson. I love "Achilles Last Stand" and I think I would love the whole album, Dave Mustaine is actually a big fan of Presence.

Thanks Genesis.

thats cool did you sing or the guitar. ive done for your life before in my bands.

so do you like bad co. you have anything from them

I know very little about them to be honest, they don't seem like my cup of tea either.

And I sing and play harmonica.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Guest zipgunboogie

well what would you say is your favorite type of music. if you like blues rock you might like them but you will probebly like FREE better.

they have a lot of slower songs. but also some hard rock like Cant get enuff or Good Lovin Gone Bad.

My Favorite Song By them is Rock steady.

and yeah i play harmonica too. but like you said i play it on bring it on home and sound like a MJ influeced white guy singing like a drunk black guy.

and are you english.