Audioslave just doesn't have it

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

They never did it for me, I don't think the group really works. I have the debut, I have listened to it a good deal, and there are only a few memorable tracks, all ballads. The hard rock songs don't have the right sound to push them over the top, and aren't nearly as good as the hard-rocking material from SG or RATM. I am a big fan of Rage and a fan of Soundgarden, but when "Out of Exile" came out, I didn't even bother getting it. Audioslave just makes Velvet Revolver look so much better.

Guest zipgunboogie

i dont have there debut but i have out of exile. i like some of the songs on there. but yeah if you compare them to bands that have been broken and put back together. velvet revolver has a hole different sound than STP or GNR. thats what you have to do to get away w/ somthing like that.

but i dont think they suck. just not as good as they could be.

The problem with Audioslave and supergroups in general is that people always keep thinking how good they were back in the day in their own bands. I'm a huge Soundgarden fan, I've listened Rage very much, these bands are both excellent.

When you've really listened to them, one really doesnt need the supergroup there, only time you bother to listen to them is when they're throwing a gig in your town.

I agree, the bands they were formerly made of are superior to them. I bought the first album, I got the second album as a gift but I wouldn't have bothered buying it otherwise. I think the problem with supergroups is you don't get like....a natural chemistry of a bunch of guys hanging around just making music with each other, it gets too mathematical like "singer a is good lets add guitarist c and....blergh" sometimes it doesn't work and they don't really feed off each other.

At least they had ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of the Dead supporting them when I saw them live though.

First album was quite good altho it was far too long, probaly been better at 10 or 11 tracks and i havnt got the second album but i dont mind a few of the singles from it. Nowhere near as good as rage or soundgarden but oh well and why do i get the feeling that every music piece by timmy c, brad wilk and tom morello kinda sound the same, considering there all brilliant musicians there isnt alot of variation to them which is a shame

I love Audioslave but yeah their past bands are far better. I doubt they will ever make anything as intensely powerful as RATM's debut or ever match the brilliant songwriting of Badmotorfinger or Superunknown. Their debut was very good but way too long. There were 7 or 8 great songs out of like 14. The rest was boring. I loved Out of Exile though, I thought it was a definite improvement. I would definitely see the band live but I cringe at the thought of Cornell doing the RATM songs. He is a great singer and I much prefer him to De la Rocha but his voice just would not fit those songs.