My Open Letter to Axl Rose

Axls_Disillusion

If the orginal version of the group would have stuck together there'd be like 5 other super classics that would have been made by them by now, but instead we got a 2 minute clip of better, but i'm cool with that.

Actually most of us got a 5 min clip

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

'I think this lineup perfroms those particular songs better than the previous'

Are you on pcp?

How can you say that new musicians in a band playing older musicians parts play them better than the originals? You must be high. Actually no, when you're high you get a sense of insight, or at least I.......oh nevermind that. You give opinions a bad reputation.

And to boot. Say for instance Mr. Rose hasn't been on the internet for sometime and then decides to check out some of the 'fan' sites to see who's saying what. You'd think that a fan would be saying things in a letter to Axl Rose like I know you've gotten alot of bad heat from the press and fans turning their backs on you. I just want you to know that you've got people who still support what you're doing in any way, shape or form. And so on and so forth in a respectible, unconditional manner. But instead you post, of all the things you could say to the man, that you'd like to see him remake one of his older songs because these guys play it better. Instead of i'm looking forward to what you've been working on. Talk about missing the mark. Did i say you give opinions a bad rep? I know it seems heartless of me considering everyone has a right to their opinion but some people just don't know how to utilize theirs. But it's not their faults some people are just less educated than others. But such is life.

And to boot. Say for instance Mr. Rose hasn't been on the internet for sometime and then decides to check out some of the 'fan' sites to see who's saying what. You'd think that a fan would be saying things in a letter to Axl Rose like I know you've gotten alot of bad heat from the press and fans turning their backs on you. I just want you to know that you've got people who still support what you're doing in any way, shape or form. And so on and so forth in a respectible, unconditional manner. But instead you post, of all the things you could say to the man, that you'd like to see him remake one of his older songs because these guys play it better. Instead of i'm looking forward to what you've been working on. Talk about missing the mark. Did i say you give opinions a bad rep? I know it seems heartless of me considering everyone has a right to their opinion but some people just don't know how to utilize theirs. But it's not their faults some people are just less educated than others. But such is life.

Axl already knows I'm one of his biggest fans :rolleyes: I was just telling him something that would mean alot to me, and I many many fans would appreciate it. The ones who knock it now, they would be all over it if it actually happened.

It is possible to like the new versions of these songs better, because I do, and I'm not the only person who feels this way. Some of you are just being straight up abusive fucking assholes because of my opinion. :question:

The thing about a re-recorded AFD....

When AFD came out it hit a certain spot. It's one of those untouchable moments where everything comes together. The music, a certain point in time, the place, the culture and society, that feeling, the bandmembers. It's just as real as real can be. Everything about that just worked. It was the voice of a generation in a way. And no matter how amazing an artist or a band is...you can never...EVER re-capture a moment like that.

That's why I think that a re-recorded AFD will never pay the respect to the original that the original deserves. And that's why I wouldn't want it to be released. With a new album Axl Rose and the new Guns n' Roses stand a chance. With a release of a re-recorded AFD they won't. It would just make the band look un-original. The press would scream out "COVER BAND". And that's the opposite of what the're trying to achieve.

I'm not suggesting the entire AFD be re-released. Just one song on the album. Its not like no one has ever done something like this before. Motley Crue did it with shout at the devil. They recorded it first in the 80s, and then in the 90s they re-recorded it to give it new life in a new era.

Dear one of my biggest fans,

If we have nearly 26 of 32 songs ready we don't need no fill ups and covers on the CD.

I also think it doesn't do any justice to the new band members.

Put on AFD or go to our concerts if you want to listen the old songs.

sincerely yours,

Axl

'It is possible to like the new versions of these songs better'

What new versions? They're new musicians playing the same parts. There's nothing new about it.

There is a lot of new about it. New band,old songs,new vibe. Listen for example to Paradise city from Rock in Rio 2001. They put some keyboard sounds in that song. It's up to you if you love that or hate that but i'm not a fan of it. Paradise city is original a heavy rocksong but it gets a bit mellow with those sounds.

Most of the fans have been waiting this long for Axl to release NEW GNR MUSIC, we have listened to the old material a gazillion times. AFD is fucking great, awesome, it´s this kind of records you never get tired to listen to but the band cannot live from that forever. Music evolves, people evolve and the industry and people´s tastes evolve too.

I don´t think Axl has been working that hard all these years to remain stuck in AFD. Remember he wanted to evolve and take new musical directions with the band, explore other styles...and that´s what Axl has done. I get what you mean Axls_disillusion, but it would be a stupid move from Axl if he did it.

What new versions? They're new musicians playing the same parts. There's nothing new about it.

I disagree. The songs have been altered musicaly. You can hear it in the re-recorded SCOM that was in the movie Big Daddy, but even more in the bootlegs from 2001 and 2002. Fact. Wether people like it is up to the individual.

Were by chance could one hear this rerecorded sweet child? I was only aware of the Sheryl Crow version (proving you can make any song bland and crappy)

Edited by Mr Estranged

I saw GNR live in '02 and they played the hell out of the old songs, but the only way I want to hear them re-record any of the old songs is on Live Era 06-12.

rock3 yea man! long live GN'R!

and no covers, please :)

and as bdinan said, the only way i'd want an AFD/Lies/UYI song by the new band would be as a b-side

Dear Axl Rose,

When you release Chinese Democracy, nothing would please me more than to see one track from Appetite re-recorded with Guns N' Roses' current lineup, mixed in somewhere in the tracklist. I read an interview where you discussed the band re-recording the album, and this band has such amazing talent. I think it would be a great way to come back and kick the world in the ass if you include a song like Nightrain, My Michelle, or Rocket Queen on Chinese Democarcy. I do believe all the long-time fans would appreciate it very much. Showing the world that this band is Guns N' Fuckin Roses. I think this lineup perfroms those particular songs better than the previous. I did hear the songs that leaked on the internet, and my faith in this band is stronger than ever! some very very good stuff! Peace!

Thank you from one of your biggest fans,

Your Disillusion

If we are getting the album soon, I would expect that the tracks have already been selected, mixed, album cover/credits designed etc. Adding something like this would be another FREAKING DELAY!

So Axl, if you're reading this, please disregard the original request in this thread and release CD ASAP.

hahaha...cool post....

:)

Dear Axl Rose,

When you release Chinese Democracy, nothing would please me more than to see one track from Appetite re-recorded with Guns N' Roses' current lineup, mixed in somewhere in the tracklist. I read an interview where you discussed the band re-recording the album, and this band has such amazing talent. I think it would be a great way to come back and kick the world in the ass if you include a song like Nightrain, My Michelle, or Rocket Queen on Chinese Democarcy. I do believe all the long-time fans would appreciate it very much. Showing the world that this band is Guns N' Fuckin Roses. I think this lineup perfroms those particular songs better than the previous. I did hear the songs that leaked on the internet, and my faith in this band is stronger than ever! some very very good stuff! Peace!

Your Disillusion

*When you release Chinese Democracy, nothing would please me more than to see one track from Appetite re-recorded with Guns N' Roses' current lineup, mixed in somewhere in the tracklist.*

are you out of your mind! - you must be. i donot want to see old gnr songs mixed in with the new. a separate bonus disc containing the whole of AFD recorded by the new GnR band would be better.

Edited by dobadog

Dear Axl Rose,

Your Disillusion

Appetite for Destruction is in my opinion the best hard rock album ever. It does not need to be re-recorded nor do any of its songs. The way it was made in 1987 is very close to perfect and this new GNR is nothing compared to the old one. Just leave it how it is.

I disagree. The songs have been altered musicaly. You can hear it in the re-recorded SCOM that was in the movie Big Daddy, but even more in the bootlegs from 2001 and 2002. Fact. Wether people like it is up to the individual.

Were by chance could one hear this rerecorded sweet child? I was only aware of the Sheryl Crow version (proving you can make any song bland and crappy)

There is a video of the new band playing it at google video, just search for Guns N' Roses. I would give you a link but I gotta run.

I'm just talking about one bonus song!

I dont get why some of you are being so abusive in your response to me <_< other bands have done the same thing, its not that far fetched.

and anyone who doesn't appreciate a song like Rocket Queen or Nightrain, and wouldn't appreciate seeing how it sounds now in the studio, probably isn't really a huge GNR fan to begin with

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

I dont get why some of you are being so abusive in your response to me <_< other bands have done the same thing, its not that far fetched.

and anyone who doesn't appreciate a song like Rocket Queen or Nightrain, and wouldn't appreciate seeing how it sounds now in the studio, probably isn't really a huge GNR fan to begin with

I do appreciate those songs, which is exactly why the new band should not release a re-recorded version of them. I don't care how it sounds in the studio now. It was sheer perfection, sheer magic when the original (and best) version of GNR recorded them. And after 15 years of no new material I wouldn't want a new version of an old song.

Shut the fuck up, Rocket Queen and Nightrain were perfect for the old band wich im sure 99.9% of GNR fans like more than the new one.