Touring in the US

toddb1211

As much as I love Guns n roses Ive never seen them in concert before(except for dvd's and such).Just wandering when they do come to the states,do you all think they will only play in the bigger major markets.The biggest city in the south here is Atlanta.Dont know if I would be able to go or not.Ifuckin hope so

As much as I love Guns n roses Ive never seen them in concert before(except for dvd's and such).Just wandering when they do come to the states,do you all think they will only play in the bigger major markets.The biggest city in the south here is Atlanta.Dont know if I would be able to go or not.Ifuckin hope so

:rolleyes:

If they go to the states they will go to the major places.... But I really cant understant a new topic cause of that...

last time out they played in smalled venues/markets as well as the major cities. They played in Boise Idaho and Moline IL which were smaller venues.... who knows maybe they will blanket the world like the last major tour did.

I live in Atlanta so I hope he comes here too. I am willing to travel anywhere though. I am all set for the Download festival and am hoping the Stockholm date is legit so I can go there too.

I don't expect a North American tour any time soon though. I believe Axl will face difficulty finding a US-based promoter or any kind of sponsorship to finance his tour. Of course, we don't know the specifics on why ClearChannel Entertainment pulled out of the last tour, but one could expect it was largely due to the unreliability surrounding Axl. I am willing to bet that the other reason was the demand for tickets and profitability of the tour. Many of the smaller market arenas were half (or less-than-half) full. He did sell out Chicago, New York, Toronto, and a couple other places.

I have thought all along that Axl should wait to hit the United States after he has used his large fan base in other countries to build support/ hype for the album. I'm sure he would rather play in front of 150,000 in Austria than 8,000 in Moline, IL any day. He needs to actually release the album this time, gain support through singles, international touring, and other publicity, and then unleash a Fall/Winter Tour in first-tier cities in the States. Guns N' Roses can be the hottest ticket in 2006-2007 here, but a lot has to happen right. Knowing Axl, this release and comeback will be anything but perfect, but let's hope he pulls this thing off successfully and changes the landscape of rock.

All the non-fans I have played the bootlegs to think the new stuff is really good and everyone is interested in seeing a finished product.

Where did you wander? ;)

Just kidding. But perhaps next year?

Does anyone know how fast tickets sell out and where do you get them at when they do go on-sale in the

U.S.A

I get all of my tickets from Ticketmaster. In '02, they were easy to get, but if the album drops, you'll probably need to be pretty quick to buy em.

I don't expect a North American tour any time soon though. I believe Axl will face difficulty finding a US-based promoter or any kind of sponsorship to finance his tour. Of course, we don't know the specifics on why ClearChannel Entertainment pulled out of the last tour, but one could expect it was largely due to the unreliability surrounding Axl. I am willing to bet that the other reason was the demand for tickets and profitability of the tour. Many of the smaller market arenas were half (or less-than-half) full. He did sell out Chicago, New York, Toronto, and a couple other places.

Best post of this thread thus far.

People who honestly don't see this are either willfully blind or completely stupid.

A US tour needs Slash.

just like you need a pair of testicles :kiss:

Charming. You want to sell out arenas? Get the original band back together. It's all I'm saying.

i was just fuckin around. im one of those few fans that would love an original line-up tour more than anything else. i agree with you completely. sorry, i make weird posts like this out of boredom :fuckyou: .