Most overrated musician?

adnan

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the sooooooooooongs dude, hey jude, yesterday, im down, the loooooooong n winding road. he's go chubby chopped n cute too lmao

I dont like those songs. They just sound dull to me..dont know why..

Yeah, he was cute when he was in his twenties...very cute. But I still think John was the cutest Beatle

Kurt Cobain. Overrated as a singer, as a guitarist, but most of all, as a songwriter/lyricist.

I'm not saying he isn't good, because he is, but he doesn't deserve to be considered one of the best (not even close). But, that's just my opinion.

God, wheres the romance in u? the inflammed sense of the tragic? *johns my favorite too, incidentally* obssessed with the song Anna lately.

I love - in no particular order:

Woman

Nobody Told Me

Jealous Guy

Starting Over

In terms of his solo stuff..

Paul McCartney isn't underrated. He put in 47.5% of the Lennon/McCartney collaboration, yeah, John wrote a few more songs. But Paul and John were equally geniuses.

I used to like Lennon tons more, but now it's almost the same.

Did you mean overrated?

Just curious - what made you start liking him, cause I dont get it at all that people love his music? :unsure:

I think everyone who says Kurt Cobain is overrated has got some kind of grudge against him, he's written some of the most recognizable songs in the world, and some of the best songs. And because he doesn't do twenty minute, one million notes per second guitar solos doesn't mean he's bad. And his singing isn't bad either.

Couldn't be more agree.

Besides the obvious mainstream names:

Elvis.

Joplin.

The Stones.

Nirvana. (Among the younger crowds)

A good number of the original British Invasion bands (63-67) that became popular doing covers of R&B songs.

50 Cent

James Blunt

Britney Spears

Slipknot

Linkin Park

Agreed... Specialy James Blunt

And I would add U2

esides the obvious mainstream names:

Elvis.

Joplin.

The Stones.

Nirvana. (Among the younger crowds)

A good number of the original British Invasion bands (63-67) that became popular doing covers of R&B songs.

When you say The Stones u are reffering to The Rolling Stones ?? If u are u dont know what youre talking about....

And u can NEVER put Nirvana in such list

Edited by Jmm

Overrated bands:

Nirvana

Jimi Hendrix (you know it's true people)

Bob Dylan

The Beatles

Please tell me that list wasn't serious. Please.....

Nirvana: Shitty guitar playing and lyrics. Really didn't have anytihng going for them. I really don't nderstand why people hold them in such high esteem

Hendrix: Innovative guitar playing and horrible singing voice, for everything but blues. Everyone seems to think that Hendrix meant to be revolutionary, when in fact, he just played, and people got hooked. Again, Hendrix was great, but I don't see why people think he was the best lyricist/guitarist ever.

Bob Dylan: Give me a break. Dude iwth a horrible voice, who could write some good lyrics.

Beatles: Got famous off of ripping Chuck Berry and R&B tunes.

Overrated bands:

Nirvana

Jimi Hendrix (you know it's true people)

Bob Dylan

The Beatles

Please tell me that list wasn't serious. Please.....

Nirvana: Shitty guitar playing and lyrics. Really didn't have anytihng going for them. I really don't nderstand why people hold them in such high esteem

Hendrix: Innovative guitar playing and horrible singing voice, for everything but blues. Everyone seems to think that Hendrix meant to be revolutionary, when in fact, he just played, and people got hooked. Again, Hendrix was great, but I don't see why people think he was the best lyricist/guitarist ever.

Bob Dylan: Give me a break. Dude iwth a horrible voice, who could write some good lyrics.

Beatles: Got famous off of ripping Chuck Berry and R&B tunes.

Then Volitan, who is underrated in your opinion ?

Because together with G N' R they where THE rockband of the early '90s. Kurt Cobain was a great but simple musician who puts all his anger and frustration in the songs. Forget Smells like teen spirit and listen to songs like Dimension 7,Oppinion,Even in his youth,School.