Sympathy to the band members

Son Of A Gun

All this talk about Chinese Democracy and Axl-worship has really made people in here forget the most important thing...Axl's bandmates. These talented people have joined him because they wanted to show the world their talent in a more prospective way, to express themselves, to be musically envolved in life both in albums and in live, and for a prolonged while their wish to do so has been cruelly taken away by Axl. While some have only been there for 4 years (Richard), others 6 and even more with some others, they have constantly been stopped from living their creative musical life, and nobody here on this board has mentioned them. And a message to Axl from me would be to give his bandmates some credit, loosen up and not be such a control freak and give them the chance to express themselves more. Sure they will tour in late May and onwards but look at what that man has put them through already. My sympathies and congratulations to the heroism of all the band members of new Gn'R you are true heroes and nobody deserves to be treated the way you are by Axl.

The only reason these 'bandmates' have joined him, is so that they can get recognised for something, rather than there shitty music attempts in the past, and then when the time is right... they will break away and do something on there own with the recognition they stole from GNR....

i.e Buckethead

yeah... :drevil:

All this talk about Chinese Democracy and Axl-worship has really made people in here forget the most important thing...Axl's bandmates. These talented people have joined him because they wanted to show the world their talent in a more prospective way, to express themselves, to be musically envolved in life both in albums and in live, and for a prolonged while their wish to do so has been cruelly taken away by Axl. While some have only been there for 4 years (Richard), others 6 and even more with some others, they have constantly been stopped from living their creative musical life, and nobody here on this board has mentioned them. And a message to Axl from me would be to give his bandmates some credit, loosen up and not be such a control freak and give them the chance to express themselves more. Sure they will tour in late May and onwards but look at what that man has put them through already. My sympathies and congratulations to the heroism of all the band members of new Gn'R you are true heroes and nobody deserves to be treated the way you are by Axl.

Man, that was touching. those poor bastards :P i doubt they will mind when they pay cheques start rolling in from tours, record sales, merchandise etc etc. Anyways, nobody was forcing them to stay. Hell, if i was invited to join Guns n Roses, id never leave!

Peace :krider:

The only reason these 'bandmates' have joined him, is so that they can get recognised for something, rather than there shitty music attempts in the past, and then when the time is right... they will break away and do something on there own with the recognition they stole from GNR....

i.e Buckethead

I'm sure Bucket would have stayed if Axl was actually willing to tour and release some music.

Judging from the demos, he contributed quite a lot to the band when he was there.

We cant judge them for shit until CD is released can we? We can congratulate them on a couple of demos and a half arsed 2002 tour, but I dont think thats worth it. When CD is released and their individual contributions are heard, then they will desreve appreciation.

Grimo.

Tommy Stinson was working in a computer shop when Axl asked him to join GNR.

Richard Fortus was a session musician playing with pop stars.

Robin Finck never played on a NIN record.

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

We can't really say these guys sacrificed their career for the sake of Guns N'Roses... <_<

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

We can't really say these guys sacrificed their career for the sake of Guns N'Roses... <_<

Actually Stinson had made his name with the Replacements long before Gn'R, he then formed Bash and Pop, recorded an album, toured, formed a 2nd band called Perfect, did an EP and an album, the label messed up and didn't release the album, then he accepted Axl's invitation to join Gn'R (I believe he ever worked in a computer shop), he has since done a solo album, a movie soundtrack for Sony and is planning a 2nd solo album.

I wouldn't say Stinson sacraficed his career for Gn'R but he can certainly do fine on his own.

Edited by joker

i like all new GNR members

Richard and Robin are great guitar players, very skilled.

The bassist Tommy Stinson is a complete musician , he maded a excelent job in his last Album Village Gorilla Head.

Brain its a good drummer from primus, He only dont know play You could be mine intro, but the rest it´s ok.

I also like Dizzy and Pittman.

I think the members of this band are very charismatic.

Nothing has stoped them from doing other projects. in the mean time, they get paid to be in the biggest rock band in the world without having to much at all in the last years. I wish I could get a pay check and still have time to work at any other job I wanted to as well. think this is a pretty cuchy gig for them.

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

Another excellent post from Alan Niveen. So let's get this straight, a former computer shop till jockey (Tommy) is now apparently the spokesman for the band? :rofl-lol:

The Finckster NEVER played on a NIN record yet he is the replacement for one of the most legendary guitar players in history? Man, how could Axl disrespect the fans like this by hiring such non descript players. I'm beginning to believe those here that say Axl has NEVER cared about the fans. :shocked:

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

Another excellent post from Alan Niveen. So let's get this straight, a former computer shop till jockey (Tommy) is now apparently the spokesman for the band? :rofl-lol:

The Finckster NEVER played on a NIN record yet he is the replacement for one of the most legendary guitar players in history? Man, how could Axl disrespect the fans like this by hiring such non descript players. I'm beginning to believe those here that say Axl has NEVER cared about the fans. :shocked:

Can I point out that Tommy Stinson never fucking worked in a computer shop.

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

I'm begingin to believe that too. I think he might be a little bit confused...maybe the new GnR might be good...but certainly never like the original lineup... <_<

See my sig for the latest known version of the GNR lineup :)

maybe the new GnR might be good...but certainly never like the original lineup... <_<

to be fair, this remains to be seen. I'm not discrediting the original lineup, but Axl does not work with subpar musicans. Everyone in the band brings something unique to the table.

And Tommy Stinson is a legendary bassist from one of the biggest bands from his scene. Those who question his talents need to get his solo album 'Village Gorilla Head'. By far the best solo album released by any gunner, past or present :o

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

Can I point out that your gay... :drevil:

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

Great response.

Grimo.

btw, to anyone saying its bullshit they don't inform us of whats going on.. They are still adding tour dates to this very day. I'm certian we will get some info from Merck or Axl in the form of a press release once all of the tour dates are set. The 2002 PR was fucking great :)

I have to admit, even though I think your a cockhead, I agree with most of the stuff you say... ;)

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

Great response.

Grimo.

Go fuck yourselfs. No wonder people think this forum is shit with ass-bandits like you fuckheads here.

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

Great response.

Grimo.

Go fuck yourselfs. No wonder people think this forum is shit with ass-bandits like you fuckheads here.

I just thought it was a funny response. Frankly I dont lose much sleep over your sexualty. Whether you're gay or not good luck to you.

Grimo.

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

Great response.

Grimo.

I just thought it was a funny response. Frankly I dont lose much sleep over your sexualty. Whether you're gay or not good luck to you.

Grimo.

Wow can't believe that you have the sense of humour of a 12 year old.

Brain was in Primus...

Chris Pittman...

Great response.

Grimo.

Grimo.

Wow can't believe that you have the sense of humour of a 12 year old.

Wow, cant believe you have a penis the size of a 12 year old.