Greatest Song of all time.

adnan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

November Rain

Also great: Sweet child o'mine, Estranged, Patience,...

Best non GNR song: Smells like teen spirit

also good: Lithium, Where did you sleep last night(all Nirvana), Anything for love (meat leaf), stairway to heaven (led zeppelin), wish you were here (pink floyd), wind of change (scorpions), jedino moje, andjele (riblja corba - serbish rock legend),...

Guest JohnUlmer

(You Wanna Step Into) My World by Guns N' Roses (not sure if any of you have heard of them, but they're an ace band; had a few hits back in the '60s and '70s and maybe the '30s, and then all the members died and only the lead singer is left, but I think he may actually be Christopher Lloyd in disguise).

These are all amazing songs but Greatest Song normally means a song that everyone loves and like automatically knows somehow.

Smoke on the Water is a great example of this. Its probably the most cliche song ever and the most over-played song ever but its one of the Greatest because everyone just knows the main guitar part even if they dont know the song or even the band or anything.

:krider:

ok wow...

Stairway to heaven, Baba O'Riley, Estranged, HOTEL CALIFORNIA(one that people forgot), Born to run. like a rolling stone, imagine, jealous guy, let it be...and a lil for the dark side i go with pearl jam - black, yellow ledbetter or state of love and trust

that's it...my favorites basically are those..depending on the day i'll have a different favorite of all time type thing....

EDIT- i now realize i shoulda said Smells like teen spirit and watched the reaction of people..

Edited by GnR lives on

also good: Lithium, Where did you sleep last night(all Nirvana), Anything for love (meat leaf), stairway to heaven (led zeppelin), wish you were here (pink floyd), wind of change (scorpions), jedino moje, andjele (riblja corba - serbish rock legend),...

holy shit, I forget some huge songs: Jeanny(Falco, anybody remember him?), Join me in death(him), living on a prayer(JBJ), every breath you take(police), atwa(system of a down), in the shaddows(rasmus), youth of the nation(POD), blurry(puddle of mudd), some U2, RHCP, REM Hits,...

holy shit, I forget some huge songs: Jeanny(Falco, anybody remember him?), Join me in death(him), living on a prayer(JBJ), every breath you take(police), atwa(system of a down), in the shaddows(rasmus), youth of the nation(POD), blurry(puddle of mudd), some U2, RHCP, REM Hits,...

:rofl-lol:

On another note thunder road could be a contender

Imagine.

LOL :lol:

Lol my ass dude

(You Wanna Step Into) My World by Guns N' Roses (not sure if any of you have heard of them, but they're an ace band; had a few hits back in the '60s and '70s and maybe the '30s, and then all the members died and only the lead singer is left, but I think he may actually be Christopher Lloyd in disguise).

:laugh:

I'd put Europa by Santana near the top, some of the best guitar playing I've heard. From 2:30 on, the song takes a completely different direction, and that's the coolest part.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
November Rain

Also great: Sweet child o'mine, Estranged, Patience,...

Best non GNR song: Smells like teen spirit

You haven't truly heard "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" if you haven't heard the original version by Leadbelly.

Greatest Song Ever??? I'm gonna say....Little Wing. It's just beautiful, and it's the first thing I tohught of.

I think Pearl Jam agrees with this, considering they re-did this song and named it " Yellow Ledbetter"

Well, it isn't my favourite song, because there are some really good other songs, but this one is great, so I would say, it is one of my favourite songs. When I first heard it, I listened to it over 10 times without interrupt. B) . This guy with ukulele is just a genius.

Somewhere over the rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

(everyone who don't know this song should get it, it is so beautiful :heart: )

Edited by Iceman24