RUMOR: Two sets of contracts for Euro tour?

TheWildheart

Found this at Metal Sludge: http://www.metalsludge.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=55147

lonelyplanetgirl

Opening for Slaughter

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:09 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've posted this a buch of times before but I'll (like History) repeat

2 sets of contracts in Europe::::one for Axl solo, one if it's a reunion show.

But, like the band members themselves (and who are they?) I have no idea who's really in/out/showing up.

Even if the Euro shows go off hitchless; I doubt that anyone involved expects *recording* to take place w/ reunited GnR.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If the shows in Europe were the start of some sort of reunion tour, do you honestly think it would be all hush hush like this? The management would be shouting it from the rooftops. Why? Because far to much money would be involved. Imagine the tickets they could shift if this was a reunion tour?

Edited by PurpleHaze

Jesus, another one?! :o:rofl-lol:

You know what kids......I'll put my money on Jesus appearing on the sky first, before we se Axl and Slash on stage together!

If you give that some time, it's really a safe bet, we all know Jesus is going to come back to Earth to fucking kick the AntiChrist's ass, then make breakfast out of his head like Axl did to Slash in the Celebrity Deathmatch GN'R episode.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If the shows in Europe were the start of some sort of reunion tour, do you honestly think it would be all hush hush like this? The management would be shouting it from the rooftops. Why? Because far to much money would be involved. Imagine the tickets they could shift if this was a reunion tour?

I know Avenged Sevenfold is backing them for part of the Europe tour I know at least France and Sweden. I don't know about the rest of it though. It came from a reliable source Matt Sanders (Shadows) of A7X.

I know Avenged Sevenfold is backing them for part of the Europe tour I know at least France and Sweden. I don't know about the rest of it though. It came from a reliable source Matt Sanders (Shadows) of A7X. He never mentioned a reunion just Axl.

They wouldn't want to announce anything with out all the contracts drawn up, completed and signed. If it were to happen, a press conference will happen and that's all they really need.

Hush hush? Rumors have been going like wildfire ever since Ross Halfin started the rumor. Know we know Slash has been to see Axl etc.. this is the most hype the reunion rumor has ever had in a long long time.

It won't happen at this moment, but stranger things have happened.

this is the most hype the reunion rumor has ever had in a long long time.

It won't happen at this moment, but stranger things have happened.

Exactly.

"Never say never".

I've always said "never say never" about the reunion, there is just way too much money out there not to be more than tempting. Problem is, Axl is 44, if they were going to reunite and try to make a real impact on the scene again, time is getting short. A reunion with Axl in his 50's and the others in the mid-late 40's would still be cool, but it's mostly going to capture the interest of only the oldtime fans. For the bands legacy and such, at that point it might be much better to just do the rare one-off gig together.

I've always been against this Nu-GNR thing, but if he was going to do it it's unfortunate he couldn't have pumped out CD 5 years ago and then been back with the old band making new music by now. Unless they were to reunite TODAY, I'd prefer Axl and the new group keep going and VR keep going so at least we have 2 active bands to follow...with a future Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame or Live Aid show to hopefully look forward to ala P'Floyd...