Bands that sound much better live/in the studio

johnezz

Ok, well,

What bands do you think sound much better live & why?

and

What bands sound much better in the studio & why?

The bands that really sounds much better live for me are:

The Who

Deep Purple

Allman Brothers Band

Iron Maiden

SRV

These bands already have alot of energy in their studio recordings, but live, they give it a hellva lot more enrgy, msot of those bands improvise and change their songs live too.

The Bands that sound much better in the studio for me are:

Pink Floyd

Metallica

Megadeth

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

King Crimson

Well for the Metal bands, their live recordings always seem to be a bit too mushy, while in the studio the recordign is crisp, which is essential for a metal band. For the prog bands i listed, they could never really pull off their whole sound properly live.

Ok, well,

What bands do you think sound much better live & why?

and

What bands sound much better in the studio & why?

The bands that really sounds much better live for me are:

The Who

Deep Purple

Allman Brothers Band

Iron Maiden

SRV

These bands already have alot of energy in their studio recordings, but live, they give it a hellva lot more enrgy, msot of those bands improvise and change their songs live too.

The Bands that sound much better in the studio for me are:

Pink Floyd

Metallica

Megadeth

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

King Crimson

Well for the Metal bands, their live recordings always seem to be a bit too mushy, while in the studio the recordign is crisp, which is essential for a metal band. For the prog bands i listed, they could never really pull off their whole sound properly live.

The songs from the 1st 2 A7X albums sound better live now without the screaming.

Genesis live. With either singer. With Phil you had some brilliant drumming. Seconds Out is a drummer's live album. Genesis Live is great for the connection between the players.

And they fact that they played so many different instruments is amazing too. Tony Banks would play several keyboards, piano, mellotron, clavanova, and 12 string guitar. Rutherford would play a 12 string/bass guitar double neck, and use bass pedals. Hackett would use several guitars. It's really quite amazing, they more than any other prog band were able to pull off their studio sound the best.

Iron Maiden.... Awsome live but not so good on the studio...

I have to desagree with you when you say that MetallicA suck in gigs..... Their gig in PORTUGAL was awsome

Edited by Jmm

Iron Maiden.... Awsome live but not so good on the studio...

I have to desagree with you when you say that MetallicA suck in gigs..... Their gig in PORTUGAL was awsome

I agree with you with Maiden, Bruce always sounds way better live, and the Blaze era songs sound sooo awesome with Bruce singing them.

also im not saying Metallica is a bad live band, they were one of the best, if not the best, gigs ive been too (at big day out) they fucking owned! I'm talking about listerning to their live stuff, like live recordings, they sound mushy in the whole mix of things.