An Old Article from 94

Vincent Vega

Hi

I'm new to this forum but have been watching it for a while now. Anyway, I was checkin on htgth and I noticed this old guns article from november 94, which seems interesting in referrence to the situation of gn'r

''Naturally, the rumours of a rift have led to speculation ripping through the LA scene like wildfire. Reports of a permanent split arise almost every week. The most recent ones have gone as far as to suggest that Rose and Slash were wrangling over the ownership of the Guns N' Roses name and logo. It's claimed that Axl is the man in possession, and could, in theory, continue the band on his own with a crew of sidemen!''

Funny isn't it, how life works out?

Hi

I'm new to this forum but have been watching it for a while now. Anyway, I was checkin on htgth and I noticed this old guns article from november 94, which seems interesting in referrence to the situation of gn'r

''Naturally, the rumours of a rift have led to speculation ripping through the LA scene like wildfire. Reports of a permanent split arise almost every week. The most recent ones have gone as far as to suggest that Rose and Slash were wrangling over the ownership of the Guns N' Roses name and logo. It's claimed that Axl is the man in possession, and could, in theory, continue the band on his own with a crew of sidemen!''

Yep, i can't move for laughing :P

I remember something in an old Hit Parader(yeah I know not the most reliable source)back in like mid '94 that said something along the lines of axl experimenting in the studio with "industrial like" sounds,and they may have even mentioned dizzy joining him as well...this was somewhere in the timeframe between Duff and Gilby's solo records bc one of them was doing a brief interview for a solo album...don't remember who though,and slash doing a solo album was even mentioned(which most likely became Slash's Snakepit)...just thought I would pass that on since this thread was about old articles...

H.R.: What do you think Axl is thinking about you?

Matt: I think he has respect for me, he thinks I'm a good drummer et it's cool. I heard him say that and I was happy. You know, humm, he fired me 2 or 3 times and he called me back…

H.R.: What do you mean by "He fired me 2 or 3 times"?

Matt: (Laugh) You never heard the rumors? Yes, we all have been fired at least 1 time! You never heard about it (laugh)? Seriously, it's true that he sometimes goes too far. Sometime I open my mouth and I say "Ok, Axl, fuck off!", then he fires me. So? I know he will call me the next day. I feel I'm in security and I know I will be the GNR drummer for a long time.

Oh really, Matt? :lol:

1996 interview, btw.

H.R.: What do you think Axl is thinking about you?

Matt: I think he has respect for me, he thinks I'm a good drummer et it's cool. I heard him say that and I was happy. You know, humm, he fired me 2 or 3 times and he called me back…

H.R.: What do you mean by "He fired me 2 or 3 times"?

Matt: (Laugh) You never heard the rumors? Yes, we all have been fired at least 1 time! You never heard about it (laugh)? Seriously, it's true that he sometimes goes too far. Sometime I open my mouth and I say "Ok, Axl, fuck off!", then he fires me. So? I know he will call me the next day. I feel I'm in security and I know I will be the GNR drummer for a long time.

Oh really, Matt? :lol:

1996 interview, btw.

:rofl-lol: That was probably the final nail in the coffin for him.

Hi

"Smoke em if ya got 'em, alright! that sucked!"

9) Members should have only ONE screen name. Having a second screen name will be tolerated but extra screen names will be deleted without warning

:rolleyes:

James S. lol too many people break that rule.. :tongue2::laugh: