Well still no news on buckets replacement

hypersonic

I say get either richie kotzen/marty friedman/paul gilbert, they can do all the tapping fast stuff and bluesy soulful stuff too.

I'd like to see slash back, but that aint never gonna happen. If they get a 3rd guitarist it better be someone cool.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

use the left mouse click button to check out many threads discussing this...there's also a pretty cool search feature on this site....might come in handy sometime...

I really do get the feeling that there is no replacement for Buckethead. GnR have two very capable guitar players in Robin Finck and Richard Fortus who are both able to switch between playing lead and rhythm. Fortus proved to me on the 2002 tour that he can play, and I'm basing most of that on his November Rain solo at Boston.

In fairness there's no real need for a 3rd guitarist. The band are more than able to play with these 2, and I always felt that having 3 guitarists was a bit too much.

HarleyGnR

Edited by HarleyGnR

think the guitarist if one is needed couldn't be a household name like paul gilbert, michael angelo etc. etc.

although i think john 5 maybe a good idea, he is certainly good enough...

and is also used to being more of a hired hand because i thought that the only "real" members of marilyn manson were twiggy ramirez and manson himself

dave

think the guitarist if one is needed couldn't be a household name like paul gilbert, michael angelo etc. etc.

although i think john 5 maybe a good idea, he is certainly good enough...

and is also used to being more of a hired hand because i thought that the only "real" members of marilyn manson were twiggy ramirez and manson himself

dave

Agreed John 5 is a great guitar player and very used to learning an artists entire music bible and playing it for them very well live. Which is what's needed, but also I think he would add a lot of great riffs of his own if included in future recordings. Plus he plays a Tele usually, that's extra points right there. He's really versatile too, can shred or play a country tune.

i just wento to john 5's official webpage, and yes the pope is catholic. the guy can shred and has a nice collections of LP. i've seen him live with manson and rob zombie. he seems like a really nice guy and he does have the fingers for it. so he would be a great pick imo

I'm sorry but if they can't get out and play with 2 guitarists they have no hope (speaking as a guitarist myself and i'm the only guitarist in my band). Fortus has the soul in his playing for stuff like nov rain, finck is a better rhythm player than a lead player in my book, didnt care for his vibrato at all, but i'm only judging them for interpretation of older material. I dont care how many layers Axl and co have of guitars, if the songs are good they'll speak for themselves without all the candy.

If they really need another guy get a guitarist that can rip, thats why i mentioned those guys at the start of the thread.

John 5 is contracted to zombie i think at the mo

I've said it before and i'll say it again....there is no need for 3 guitarists in GnR. So what if in the past, there have been times when they have had 3. Everything revolves around Axl's vocals...not layers upon layes of guitar. Finck and Fortus are sufficient....

Trust me, they'll ROCK LIVE!

Why do you guys all assume you know whether GNR needs 3 guitarists or not. I'm pretty sure that if Axl decided he needed 3 guitarists, it was for a reason.

You haven't heard the new material and you have no idea so stop pretending you do.

Jake E Lee. If anyone has heard the first Badlands album it contains some of the most bluesy, Zeppelin sounding guitar riffs I have ever heard. He also played for Ozzy and can Shred too. I would love Dave Navarro too but I think he was offered the spot and declined. Billy Corgan playing leads in GNR would be interesting too. He is very Queen influenced. There are tons of Queen chords on Siamese Dream.