Hendrix albums

Yamisonic

So, my dad's going off on some trip and he's bringing me a few records. Before I say anything else, I rarely get any original records -- No more than 5, or 7 if it's a good year, each year.

Well, I thought about finally getting Hendrix albums, so I put Are You Experienced? on the list. I'm sure about this one. So I was thinking about other albums, and here's my question: Is Electric Ladyland entertaining? Because I've seen it has 17 minute songs or something, and I don't want to get an album full of filler songs that go on forever. Is it really that good?

And how good is Axis: Bold As Love?

Thanks a lot.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Axis:Bold As Love is his best, that's what Joe Bonamassa told me years ago and he was right.

Has anyone ever heard of Joe? He is one of the most wicked players out their today in the vein of SRV and Hendrix. I know Joe because he is from my area.

Seems I won't be getting many Hendrix albums this week

Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin

Are You Experienced? - Jimi Hendrix

Exile On Main Street - The Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin II - Led Zeppelin

The White Album - The Beatles

Led Zeppelin I - Led Zeppelin

Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix

Axis: Bold As Love - Jimi Hendrix

That's the order I want to buy the discs in .. My dad will probably bring three or four. Well, you can't always get what you want.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I know Joe because he is from my area.

Awesome! B)

You've heard him?

Yeah, he's an outstanding guitarist. Very underrated considering the fact that no so many people know about him.

I'm very impressed, what really rattles me is he gets 0 radioplay here, when if they played him not only would the people like it but it would give them something to be proud of this area for. Most kids my age who listen to rock music don't know who he is, which is a real crime.

Joe actually attended my first concert when I was 9 years old come to think of it :lol: .

I won't be able to get Electric Ladyland, only Are You Experienced. Was it really that good?

You should consider getting Rhapsody or a similar legal music service.

I download songs using Bearshare, but I like to buy the albums myself.

Me too, I prefer buying albums but I don't always have the money. I started with Axis and was very pleased but it's the weakest of the three IMO. Though it does have Little Wing, my favourite Hendrix song. I have the other 2 too and Electric Ladyland does seem pretty good but I haven't really listened to it much because it's so long so the only songs I know well are All Along the Watchtower and Voodoo Child. Though those particular songs are worth getting the album for.