Media Coverage

eRomano

Guns N' Roses Line Up Two New York Shows

Band set to play May 15 and 17 gigs at Hammerstein Ballroom.

Before Axl Rose's current incarnation of Guns N' Roses heads to Europe for a string of festival appearances, the band will perform a pair of concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom, according to concert promoter Live Nation.

Tickets for both shows — set for May 15 and 17 — will set fans back $63 and go on sale April 21 at 10 a.m. Doors open for both nights at 7:30 p.m. There's no word yet on who might be opening for Guns N' Roses, or whether there will be an opener at all.

Velvet Revolver kitman Matt Sorum, who was also a member of Guns N' Roses, wrote in his online blog that he'd had a recent run-in with Rose while in New York, where the drummer performed with Camp Freddy, an all-star cover band featuring ex-Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro; Alice in Chains' Jerry Cantrell; Revolver's Scott Weiland and Duff McKagan; Moby; Gina Gershon; Shooter Jennings; and former Fuel frontman Brett Scallions also played with the band that evening (see "Velvet Revolver Bassist Promises 'Stinky' Pharrell Collabo").

Sorum said he spotted Axl at a party. "I hadn't seen him in at least six years," he wrote. "I walked over and said 'Hello.' We shook hands and it was pleasant. Later that evening, I ended up in a loft somewhere in the East Village where Axl was again. We spoke for quite some time, and it was nice to clear some things up. I told him how great of a frontman he was while I was in the band and no hard feelings from me at all" (see "Axl Files Suit Against Slash, Lashes Out At Ex-Bandmates"). "It was an all-around good vibe, I think."

Guns N' Roses are set to perform the first of 17 European festivals on May 27, when they take the stage during Rock in Rio in Lisbon, Portugal. The last of GN'R's overseas gigs will take place on July 8 in Oslo, Norway, at Spektrum.

In February, several songs said to be from the Chinese Democracy sessions leaked online (see "Are Guns N' Roses Finally Coming Back? The Signs Are There ..."). There's still no word on when Rose's decade-in-the-making LP will see release.

The two New York concerts will be Guns N' Roses first American shows in more than three years. Back in 2002, the band played a number of dates before pulling the plug on what was to be a global trek (see "It's Extra Official: Promoter Says GN'R Tour Totally Off").

— Chris Harris

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1528705/2...414/story.jhtml

GN'R line up two additional shows

Two more Guns N' Roses dates have been added to the band's schedule — and like the two gigs announced last week, these additional bookings are in New York at the Hammerstein Ballroom. GN'R will be performing at the NYC venue May 12 and 14, followed by their previously announced concerts set for May 15 and 17. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are priced at $63. ...

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1529230/2...421/story.jhtml

Guns N' Roses add more New York shows

Online Rock Radio, Greece - Apr 21, 2006

Guns N' Roses have added two more New York City shows to their upcoming tour itinerary ... The band will

now play at Hammerstein Ballroom on May 12th and 14th, in ...

Guns N' Roses Line Up New York Shows

Ultimate-Guitar.Com - Apr 17, 2006

... and three years away from American stages, Guns N' Roses are going to play New York next month.

Tickets for May 15th and 17th at the Hammerstein Ballroom, go ...

Chinese Democracy to Reign in NYC

Spin, NY - Apr 17, 2006

... 15 minutes with a pair of shows at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom. ... hope for Matt Sorum to

take the stage, since the former Guns N' Roses drummer blogged ...

Guns N' Roses Books New York Shows

Aversion - Apr 17, 2006

Front man Axl Rose will round up his latest version of Guns’n’Roses May 15 and 17 at New York’s

Hammerstein Ballroom. Tickets ...

Guns N' Roses To Play New York City

Deadbolt - Apr 16, 2006

... to Rolling Stone, there's no indication of what songs the new Guns N' Roses line up will play during the

two show set at the Hammerstein Ballroom, but Axl Rose ...

GNR Set US Dates

antiMUSIC.com, CA - Apr 16, 2006

The Gunners are set to invade the Hammerstein Ballroom on May 15th and 17th, with ... As is always the

case with Guns N' Roses, some things still remain a mystery. ...

Welcome back to the jungle, Axl

Newsday, NY - Apr 15, 2006

... Guns N' Roses will play Manhattan's Hammerstein Ballroom May 15 and 17, marking its first American

concerts since 2002. The band ...

Anyone think these shows as well as warming up will be to provide enough filming to make a video for the first single?...

Seems likely to me, I mean when else will they be able to shoot a video if they are planning an ongoing tour.

Edited by coeus2k

Anyone think these shows as well as warming up will be to provide enough filming to make a video for the first single?...

Seems likely to me I mean when else will they be able to shoot a video if they are planning an ongoing tour.

Ive said thats what they are for since they were announced :)

Seems likely to me I mean when else will they be able to shoot a video if they are planning an ongoing tour.

Cool.. thats unconfirmed though right?..

Yep, just my opinion - perfect for free video footage ;)

Yep, just my opinion - perfect for free video footage ;)

Yes it would be. :)

They could also add manga style cartoons.

Yeah.. but still, it's a very short time if they wanna produce a video based on photoshots on this gigs before the european tour kicks off. Ofcourse - it's doable. On the other hand Axl's fame ain't credited to he's ability to deliver stuff very fast. So.. then of course (again), the single could surface after the tour or anything really.

Yeah.. but still, it's a very short time if they wanna produce a video based on photoshots on this gigs before the european tour kicks off. Ofcourse - it's doable. On the other hand Axl's fame ain't credited to he's ability to deliver stuff very fast. So.. then of course (again), the single could surface after the tour or anything really.

I think the first single will be release around June-July I think after Download (UK) it would be a good idea.

maybe

some may have brought tickets

If they have bought tickets then they have not been invited

well yeah that's true

but some may have been invited and others may of had to buy tickets

Well the reason why I ask is are these shows low key or if the worlds press are there are they ready to announce something BIG.

The problem with the press (or most of the press that is out of your control) is that they are not controllable and what happens if they write a negative review?

I doubt that these shows will be reviewed by the press officially, maybe some journo will get inside by buying a ticket and write a review but I guess no photo's will be available.